corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » advice on swapping plate over?

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author advice on swapping plate over?
supacook2k

User status: Offline
22nd Nov 05 at 15:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i'm buying a car tonight that has a private reg on it. the bloke is going to transfer the original back over and will take 2 days apparently. now i said i'll put the originals back on tonight as i'm insured on the original plates but on the tax disc it has the private reg. i also have a private plate that i want to registter to the car. what will i need to take to the dvla office to transfer my private plate to it as the car will have the original plates on it. the tax disc will have his private plate on it and i have my own plate waiting to go on it.

confused? me aswell. hope you can understand it though
John

22nd Nov 05 at 16:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The plate thats on it is the plate thats legal until you get the documents back from dvla saying it has changed.
shawboy

22nd Nov 05 at 19:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by John
The plate thats on it is the plate thats legal until you get the documents back from dvla saying it has changed.

correct and you cant put your plate on till you get the new documents.
supacook2k

22nd Nov 05 at 23:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

cheers guys. he's gonna transfer them tomorrow and i'll pick the carup once the transfer has been done!

New Poll