corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » de-badging your car

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author de-badging your car
trickshot2005

User status: Offline
   30th Nov 05 at 14:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Can someone help me how i can i de-badge my car to change it to either a irmscher badge or a OPC badge, Is it possible do it on your own, if its possible can anyone give any tips on how it can be done...? or would i have to take my motor to a bodyshop to get it done and would it cost a lot..?

if anyone can help me i would be greatful

thanks

ste
VegasPhil
Premium Member

30th Nov 05 at 15:02   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Use a Credit Card and gently peel the badge off. Boiling water, Heatgun etc will help soften the glue.

Corsa 2.0 16v Vegas - Sold
big eck

30th Nov 05 at 15:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Use hot not boiling water and get some dental floss and run it behind the badges, does no damage to the paint work this way
Kurt

30th Nov 05 at 15:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i used a hot cloth peeled the letters off then used my nails to get the glue off then polished it up
Solitary_Echo

30th Nov 05 at 18:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I boiled a kettle, and tipped it just above the badge, this melted the glue. You can also use a hairdryer for this. I then got some average dental floss and began at a corner and just sliced all the way through, do it slow and it will come off nicely. You'll be left with some sticky gloop just roll it together with your fingers to get rid of it, as you would with blue tack on a wall. Get some T Cut or something similar and jus polish that area and your done.
cunningham

30th Nov 05 at 21:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

use string its stonger than dental floss lol
Richie B

1st Dec 05 at 00:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i used a hairdrier, and it came off easily, then i think t cut for any cling on bits
Butler

1st Dec 05 at 00:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by P363
i used a hairdrier, and it came off easily, then i think t cut for any cling on bits

Same here pretty much, held a hair dryer over it for a few mins and it came off easy as, had to get the excess mess off but was easily achievable with nails, then a layer of tcut covered up any original signs of the badge ever being there
oba-corsa
Premium Member

1st Dec 05 at 11:08   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Get a hair dryer and a car body spreader what use for car body filer but be carefully then us panel wipe 2 get rid of the glue.

New Poll