corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » What an Eventfull Weekend...

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author What an Eventfull Weekend...
ed

User status: Offline
5th Dec 05 at 10:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Well, on Friday I was driving down the M6. Where the motorway had adjoined M1 there was a big accident on the slip road I was driving along. There were a few cars piled up onto the barrier facing the wrong way with smashed out lights. It had obviously only just happened as there was an ambulance but no police or fire. There were pieces of car everywhere - so as it was dark I proceded to run over a piece of car that was in my lane... That ruined one of my tyres

Then today I was driving back to Brum, left at 6am and was making really good time as the M40 was pretty clear, sat at a steady 70mph the whole way there... Then I get onto the M6 at about 7 30am and hit traffic. I push the clutch down and the car cuts out so I lift the clutch again and the engine fires up... Then the traffic actually stops and the engine cuts out and I couldn't get it started again. A quick call to the AA confirms that I cannot call out a patrol using my Mums account number. So on the roadside I join up the AA and call a patrol to come and help me out as I though it was something gay and electrical... Nope, about 40mins later the patrol comes turns the car on and it's fine Turns out the inlet manifold overheated and I was getting fuel evaporation so I guess I need to give the cooling system a good clean out as it's not working very effeciently, even though the car wasn't overheating

Wow, essay
Dione J

5th Dec 05 at 10:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Oh dear, i thought you was going to tell us how many birds you nailed the weekend
Jambo

5th Dec 05 at 10:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I joined at the roadside....

Cost me like £90

Turned out it was my mfd, if i just unplugged it my car would have started back up again

£90 to give me common sense

Least the cars fine ed
ed

5th Dec 05 at 10:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Na, 'fraid not...
ed

5th Dec 05 at 10:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Jambo
I joined at the roadside....

Cost me like £90

Turned out it was my mfd, if i just unplugged it my car would have started back up again

£90 to give me common sense

Least the cars fine ed
Yea, it would have cost about £40 but they stuck on an extra charge that brought it up to £90. But it covers me for any car I drive. I feel I might be needing it when I take the 2.0 out
mwg

5th Dec 05 at 10:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I had something similar happen to my car a few months ago. Would cut out once it was upto operating temperature when I put my clutch in. It was the crank shaft sensor in my case though!
Jambo

5th Dec 05 at 10:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ed i dont have aa cover
Rob B

5th Dec 05 at 10:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Whats up with it now then ED ?

Ive got a whole lot of 1.2 16v sensors at mine
ed

5th Dec 05 at 10:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Well, it runs fine now, but I have noticed that when you push the clutch in and the revs drop they drop down to about 400rpm then pick back up to mornal idleing speed - roughly 900rpm.

I might test the ECU to see if its running ok as the ECU light flashed on for a second or so a few minutes before it stopped.
ed

5th Dec 05 at 10:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Oh yea, I also punched myself in the eye on Friday too while I was skiing
mwg

5th Dec 05 at 10:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by ed
Well, it runs fine now, but I have noticed that when you push the clutch in and the revs drop they drop down to about 400rpm then pick back up to mornal idleing speed - roughly 900rpm.

Mine does and has done ever since I bought the car My brother has a 1.2 16v but his doesn't do it. Cant work it out
Rob B

5th Dec 05 at 10:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Matty G
quote:
Originally posted by ed

Mine does and has done ever since I bought the car My brother has a 1.2 16v but his doesn't do it. Cant work it out

My 1.6 does this now and again not very often though, ICV maybe ?
ed

5th Dec 05 at 10:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I just put it down to a sticky ICV to be honest... Not sure if I can be arsed to do anything about it. Maybe if it starts being a major problem....
mwg

5th Dec 05 at 10:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Any parts I've had replaced due to EML coming on have never stopped it from doing it.
It cant be the ICV as I have had a new ICV only 2 months ago as it was buggered but still hasn't solved the dropping revs when I put my clutch in.
AuroraSport

5th Dec 05 at 10:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i had something similar happen to me. broad street roundabout in bham, rush hour and everytime i go to pull away - the car stalls. so im stuck there with about 50 million cars behind me beeping away, in the end just had to hold my revs high and launch it - strangely never done it since
ed

5th Dec 05 at 10:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hmmm, maybe it's just what they do... Strange
mwg

5th Dec 05 at 10:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by ed
Hmmm, maybe it's just what they do... Strange

I thought this was the case until my brother bought his Corsa 1.2 16v and his doesn't do it... I just ignore it now
drax

5th Dec 05 at 12:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by ed
Oh yea, I also punched myself in the eye on Friday too while I was skiing

Rofl, wat the hell?

myke

5th Dec 05 at 13:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

unlucky about the problems.

i've called the aa out twice before and then it's started up fine when they turn up.
first time with you and the water incident. next time it overheated, wouldn't start untill they came.
if they were quicker they'd actually be able to help.
ed

5th Dec 05 at 15:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yea, made me feel a bit stupid really... It started up fine and the guy gave my car the once over, though I only serviced it 2 weeks ago so everything was fine...
ed

5th Dec 05 at 19:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Bugger, just to rub salt in it, I parked rather constructively on a traffic island type affair for a few hours today because I was late and missed my chance to get a proper parking place.... So I got a parking ticket. I did deserve it though

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » What an Eventfull Weekend... 23 database queries in 0.6171200 seconds