corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » car starting problems - help

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author car starting problems - help
Ty_Harris

User status: Offline
14th Dec 05 at 08:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

2 garages haven't been able to fix my problem.

For a few months now my car has not been starting in the mornings. This is only in the mornings as in the evening after work it starts fine.

It generally happens on cold or damp mornings. It will turn over, but just struggles to actually start.

After struggling to start, the car doesn't seem to have full power when putting my foot down. It splutters in the higher gears. But this only lasts for a few mins of running, as after 5 mins its fine (full power).

I have changed the spark leads/plugs/oil/oil filter/air filter recently with no luck.

The garage has checked the alternator (fine apparently) and also said they repaired a sensor connecting to the crank shaft, but this morning my car again struggled to start.

When i leave my car in our garage it will just about start everytime.
Ty_Harris

14th Dec 05 at 08:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

1.4 16v btw
Siberia

14th Dec 05 at 08:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

get them to look at the coolant temperture sensor

New Poll