corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » is it worth gettin a corsa gsi

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author is it worth gettin a corsa gsi
Nic Barnes

User status: Offline
25th Dec 05 at 18:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

the b pillars will crack on any corsa regardless of its age. ive seen rotten r reg corsa sports and mint L reg corsa's. buy which ever is better. i think the sport looks too much like the base model corsa's whereas the gsi looks different from them all.

all interiors in all corsa are shite, hence why most alter them
ash_corsa

25th Dec 05 at 21:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by muppetsport
the b pillars will crack on any corsa regardless of its age. ive seen rotten r reg corsa sports and mint L reg corsa's. buy which ever is better. i think the sport looks too much like the base model corsa's whereas the gsi looks different from them all.

all interiors in all corsa are shite, hence why most alter them

he speaks the truth!

id get a gsi mate, but realy take ur time and look hard its only worth buying a mint one and paying top dollar for it because otherwise you will have problems - like i did!! they have common faults and are a pain in the ass to sort out. you get alot more respect driving a gsi than you do a sport as they are pretty rare and are uniqe looking compared to the other corsa models, i think the interior is nice but make sure you get one with all the electrics - EHM, EW, ESR, PAS, and Airbag - abs comes as standard on the gsi's
hope this helps
Nic Barnes

25th Dec 05 at 22:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

or a gsi like mine with no extras and no sunroof
Slammed_Corsa

25th Dec 05 at 22:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Aye but yours is really, really, really fast though muppet so that makes up for everything
ed

25th Dec 05 at 22:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by corsacalvin
oh rite,i can get a 1.6 sport for cheap as well,its the power steering that weighs the car dwn enit?
Electronic Power Steering in the Sport which weigs bugger all...
Nic Barnes

25th Dec 05 at 22:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

and is a lot better than a belt driven pas set up
RobHayes

25th Dec 05 at 22:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

sport doesnt have electric power steering. only 1,2 16v and 1.0 12v have electric
ed

25th Dec 05 at 22:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Oh, thought it was common for all of the phase 2 Corsa's
Kyle T
Premium Member

25th Dec 05 at 23:40   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I wouldnt buy a GSI, your gonna be buying a 10year old car (ish), and even if its been looked after by the most careful person on the planet, its still gonna have trouble at some point. As good as they look, bumpers and skirts can be added to any corsa. If you really want a 1600 corsa, get a new as possible sport, and add bumpers and skirts if you feel necassary.

True you can still get a rotten 2000reg car, but theres more chance of getting a minter

Lotus Elise 111R

Impreza WRX STi
Slammed_Corsa

25th Dec 05 at 23:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I would rather buy a gsi with some imperfections than a mint sport.

If you think about it if you go and buy a mint sport and then decide to kit it up it would probably cost you more to do that than to fix up a couple of imperfections on the gsi.
Nic Barnes

25th Dec 05 at 23:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

mine is 12 year old and minter than most other corsas ive ever seen
Ian
Site Administrator

26th Dec 05 at 00:01   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Depends on budget at the end of the day. GSis and early sports are similar money and at the price I would have a GSi as they are likely to be similar condition and mileage.

If you can stretch to it, get a later sport, anything ung up to late 2000 which is half the age of a GSi, will have air con, electric bits and probably less miles. All have PAS, look out for ABS and sunroof and you're not going to do better on spec.

Alternatively find a mint low miler GSi with the sunroof and electric options, wait longer and pay more and get a nicer looking car out of the box.

No right/wrong answer!
L33 LEG
Banned

26th Dec 05 at 00:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

or alternatively buy an astra gsi

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » is it worth gettin a corsa gsi 24 database queries in 0.0080659 seconds