corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » cant decide what alloys

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author cant decide what alloys
Danny W
Organiser: East Midlands
Premium Member

User status: Offline
23rd Jan 06 at 10:57   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Cant decide on what alloys to go for looking for some standard vaux alloys either cav gsi's painted black but they are getting common now, corsa c sxi alloys, or cesaro alloys painted black

a few chops for examples

NOW:

SXI ALLOYS:

SRI ALLOYS:

CESARO ALLOYS:

will i have any problems fitting these ? if lowered? and what size tyres/offset etc would i need to be looking at for any alloys?

thanks for any info & feedback

[Edited on 23-01-2006 by Danny W]

Smoke Grey 5 Door

EastMids Regional Events
corsaoli

23rd Jan 06 at 11:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

SXI wheels look the best no you shouldnt have no probs when lowering you car.
Sly_SRi
Premium Member

23rd Jan 06 at 11:30   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

blaitenly sxi wheels in black

Corsa C Z20Let

Black Sleeper Turbo Project
Danny W
Premium Member

23rd Jan 06 at 11:33   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

thats what i thought but some guy said i will have problems with scrubbage and fitting tyres etc with 15's

Quoted from ukshowcarz.com

quote:

f you go any higher than 15's on standard springs you will find it a bastard to change the tires!
ive 15's on mine and before it got decked you couldnt get the front wheel back on without alot and i mean alot! of faffing about!
now its failed the mot on various aspects, rear arches mainly rusted so im gonna rip the 1.2 engine out and find a nice lump to go in it with a turbo, maybe a calibra 2.4 turbo if it will fit :mrgreen: along with removing everything off it and welding all the problem areas, going to be my project car along with the carina LOL!

id go for the top set then look into some lowering spring kits, you will need arch work on the rear if you go 50mm down

yeah i am real tempted to go for the sxi's

Smoke Grey 5 Door

EastMids Regional Events
MKC

23rd Jan 06 at 11:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

sxi rims in black, then slam over 60mm on coilovers

[Edited on 23-01-2006 by Keith C SRI]
Danny W
Premium Member

23rd Jan 06 at 12:18   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

or maybe sri alloys? too much choice lol
added another chop

[Edited on 23-01-2006 by Danny W]

Smoke Grey 5 Door

EastMids Regional Events
skell

23rd Jan 06 at 12:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

SRI 16" over the SXI less common and imo look better
Carl

23rd Jan 06 at 12:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Danny W
thats what i thought but some guy said i will have problems with scrubbage and fitting tyres etc with 15's

quote:

f you go any higher than 15's on standard springs you will find it a bastard to change the tires!
ive 15's on mine and before it got decked you couldnt get the front wheel back on without alot and i mean alot! of faffing about!
now its failed the mot on various aspects, rear arches mainly rusted so im gonna rip the 1.2 engine out and find a nice lump to go in it with a turbo, maybe a calibra 2.4 turbo if it will fit :mrgreen: along with removing everything off it and welding all the problem areas, going to be my project car along with the carina LOL!

Sounds like a numpty to me, 2.4 calibra turbo
Danny W
Premium Member

23rd Jan 06 at 12:46   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Carl
quote:
Originally posted by Danny W

quote:

Sounds like a numpty to me, 2.4 calibra turbo

yeah what i thought, so i guess i dont take any notice of him lol

Smoke Grey 5 Door

EastMids Regional Events
Jambo

23rd Jan 06 at 12:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Id like my calibra turob to be a 2.4 Tool!

You can get lower profile tyres which will mean the car will fit those wheels perfectly.

Id say the SXi wheels also, look pretty cool in the right colour

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » cant decide what alloys 24 database queries in 0.0126710 seconds