corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » alpine MRPT220 worth it? / amp advice

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author alpine MRPT220 worth it? / amp advice
Will_Sport

User status: Offline
14th Feb 06 at 14:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

looking for an amp for my 6x9 and components as was looking at the spec of this amp:

MAX Power: 90Wx2 (4Ohm Stereo), 250Wx1 (Bridged 4Ohm)
50W x 2 RMS (14.4V - 4Ohm) or 140W x 1 RMS (14.4V - 4Ohm)
MOS FET Power Supply
Discrete Pre-Amp Stage
Multi Mode Capability
Adjustable Bass EQ
Sub-crossover (fixed)
Speaker Level Input Connector
Top Panel Power LED

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ALPINE-MRP-T220-250Watt-Max-power-amp-brand-new_W0QQitemZ5865133751QQcategoryZ4950QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

is it worth getting? as far as i am awarem, my head unit is 50w rms already so would it make any difference? i'm not really up to scratch with peak power/rms/watts etc

plus would 2 channel mean 1 channel = 6x9 and 1 channel = components... or is it 1 channel per speaker?
flash22

14th Feb 06 at 15:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

hi alpine amp's are good for the money you could do worse. as for you head unit it will be 50w peak and around 19-25wRms

2 channel amp means 1 channel per speaker (one for the left and one for the right) with that amp it can be bridged so you can run a sub instead of a pair of speakers

[Edited on 14-02-2006 by flash22]
Scotty_B

14th Feb 06 at 20:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I've got one powering my rainbow components (1 channel per speaker) and it sounds brilliant. Great little amp for the cash.
Wrighty

14th Feb 06 at 20:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

if you want to amp 69ers and components you would be looking for a 4ch amp
Will_Sport

15th Feb 06 at 13:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

if i amped my 6x9 would i get much more bass out them? (would boxing them help?)

then if i just ran more balance from the head unit to the front componets... would it help balance it all out a bit, making it louder, clearer and more bass?
flash22

15th Feb 06 at 17:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

this what i posted on another forum

the easest setup would be comps in the front. sub in the boot and replace the speakers in the rear quarters for a bit of rear fill best run of the headunit). If the front comp's are amped you need to set the gain on the amp. if there not amped you just need just need to set the head unit up with a 70/30 fade to the front then that just leaves you the sub to set up (gain)

As for 6x9's get rid of them more hassle than there worth

as for my setup i run

rainbow comps amped @ 75w Rms in the front

jbl 5.25 (13cm) in the rear quarters (standard location) run on the rear channel of the head unit but faded out

12" sub in the boot amped with an alpine 350W monoblock (soon to be changed for a SWD-1600 as i need my boot)

also i have dynamated the front doors an boot which made a big diffrence.

if you have any more questions post'em up

New Poll