corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Screwed over by Adrian Flux

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Screwed over by Adrian Flux
Brett
Premium Member

User status: Offline
13th Mar 06 at 13:14   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Also, the up to 15% discount is a joke, has anyone ever actually got 15% discount

I used to love to catch them out. Don't tell them you are a club member until the end.

"Hey Brett, you're quote is £XXX"

"Oh, i'm a member of corsasport!"

"oh, errrr, hang on, we can knock off a pound?"

MJ

13th Mar 06 at 13:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Adrian flux will match the price u have found of 975.
Carl

13th Mar 06 at 13:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by mark_jarman1

I'm sure if they could they would have already mentioned this.
ryansss

13th Mar 06 at 13:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:

They wont which is why I'm not happy.

I nearly choked when they said £1800. I said I had a lower qoute and all I get is an extra £80 back once I send proof that I got it insured for that.

Seriously they dont want to offer me a low qoute, they want to keep that money I've paid them.
MJ

13th Mar 06 at 13:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Look on there site as im sure they say they will match any qoute as long as u have proof
Brett
Premium Member

13th Mar 06 at 13:21   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Look on there site as im sure they say they will match any qoute as long as u have proof

That's bollocks. I know that for definate. They wouldn't insure me on the R5 Turbo or the Impreza, they are shit.
MJ

13th Mar 06 at 13:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

oh ok then, when i got a renewal they said they will match any quote must be down to the car
Ian
Site Administrator

13th Mar 06 at 13:36   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by ryansss
If Adrian Flux are so bad why does this site promote them?

Had I not seen the advert I would be with elephant paying an extra £50 a year, but I bet canceling wouldnt of been so painful.
In certain cases they have saved people money - in the range of a few hundred pounds in many cases.

Where this has happened, and people have not had to claim or end the policy early, Flux have been a suitable insurer.

Aside from offering the occasional cheap deal for people without special requirements, they don't appear to be competitive in other areas. For example they will not insure my Corsa because in conjunction with it being a high risk car, I have a Liverpool postcode.

They are not the best in all areas. The arrangement exists to discount in a limited number of cases.

While I appreciate that the refund appears to be disproportionately small, you will probably find that this is outlined in your policy documentation which you would have had to accept when you took out the policy. I'm quite sure that Flux will entertain written negotiation, in which you're welcome to mention a recommendation in good faith through here.

While you have bought on price alone, Flux have come out best. Had you have considered your requirement to change a car, and perhaps run this by Flux when you took out the policy, they may have advised that your current underwriter would not insure a CTR and that for this, Flux would not be the most appropriate choice.

Changing cars mid policy is never easy. I've done it in the past and lost thousands in cancellation charges and lost NCB, which is why I tend to keep my cars a bit longer now or at least time the change a bit better. Perhaps something to bear in mind in the future.
vibrio
Banned

13th Mar 06 at 15:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I got £150 back on my policy when I stopped it after 6 months. original was about £380 so not bad. downside was they charged £42 admin fee. WTF is that about. you are totally gettign screwed defo complain
schoey

13th Mar 06 at 15:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

they screwed me over big style aswel!
1.2-Ls-Corsa

13th Mar 06 at 16:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I was with liverpool victoria they are good, but i got one years free insurance with the new car and now deciding to stay with vauxhall as getting 70% off cos i have 4 years no claims. Other insurers were quoting me just under a grand and vauxhall say if i stay they it will only be £600 pounds bargain

tried getting insurance through the car make you are after?? Honda isnt it?

[Post recapitalised - if you can't remember to turn caps lock off then you're welcome to use Word, select the text, and do a Shift-F3 until you get sentance case, like I've just had to. If the sentances are formed properly, you'll even get a capital letter at the start of each. Bonus]

[Edited on 13-03-2006 by Ian]
_Allan_

13th Mar 06 at 17:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'm sorry but people need to start getting quotes for a new car and checking their policy small print a little bit more.

You can't expect to sell your car then then hope your current insurance company will be the best quote and give you 1) either the full amount of months paid for back or 2) be the cheapest and quote you for an upgrade of your policy.

Maybe checking this out before selling the a car would be a good start...

[Edited on 13-03-2006 by _Allan_]
ainsley_brader

13th Mar 06 at 19:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by ryansss
quote:
Originally posted by 1.2-Ls-Corsa
WHY DO YOU NOT GET 8 MONTHS MONEY BACK!?!? LEGALLY THEY HAVE TOO.

Can anyone confirm this because I disputed it but got told I wouldnt get the full amount back Lot of money to lose

Hmm Adrian sucks did this exact same tyhing to me 3 years ago.

It does say in there terms and conditions that they can and will charge an administartion fee for early cancellation.

However.....

They are legally obliged to give you the terms and conditions before the contract is made. Once money has changed hands the contract is deemed to have been made.
So... by writing there t and c on the back of the policy they are not giving you them until after you have paid and hence after the deal has been done.

I wrote to them and politely pointed this out and asked for x amount back, which i duly received.

Where x was a value along the lines of, if i had paid 1000 for the year and been insured for 6 months i asked for £500 back, and got it!
Pop

13th Mar 06 at 20:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i had no problems when i changed my flux insurance from the corsa to my 206 gti...

... why didn't you try and see what the difference in insurance was before you sold the corsa and got the new car?
Gareth

14th Mar 06 at 18:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It depends on the underwriters i think, flux is a broker. I am currently being shafted by them because i payed up in full then sold the car and they wont swop it over.
MatG

14th Mar 06 at 18:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

adrian flux have been really good with me, we have changed polices for a small admin charge, had an accident which they delt with ok. I have 3 polices with them at present
Gareth

14th Mar 06 at 19:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

They just dont seem to like imports and UK imprezas....

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Screwed over by Adrian Flux 23 database queries in 0.0123210 seconds