corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Got a gsi front bumper!! Want to upgrade fog bulbs, and also headlight bulbs!?? What to go for??

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Got a gsi front bumper!! Want to upgrade fog bulbs, and also headlight bulbs!?? What to go for??
corsaaa_16v

User status: Offline
24th Mar 06 at 12:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Want some xenon white light bulbs for headlights and possibly the fog lights!! Any recommendations on what to go for, how much they cost, where to get them from and how hard they are to fit??
Cheers
johnny27

24th Mar 06 at 13:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

its hard to know how good different makes of xenon blue bulbs are untill fitted. To be honest its just trial and error. ppl say get this one and then others say they're crappy, so just go ahead and try what you like the sound off, there's plenty on ebay.
IMO i always found that the more blue the coating on the blub is the nicer it looks in action.
Also these xenon bulbs never ever compare to a decent 80 or 100 wat blub. No matter what the seller's claim, the light is just some much better and brigher with higher watts, and xenon dose'nt just have the same power, no matter about the techinical description that says the xenon burns brighter. if you want gd light upgrade the watts in your full beam
corsaaa_16v

24th Mar 06 at 13:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

right cheers mate

well the bulbs have gone in the fog lights so what wattage bulbs do i need to replace them, as they were really dim
and what wattage bulb shall i use to replace the ones in the headlight as they seem really dim to!!

also, could i fit these bulbs myself, as i have no idea about electrics, mechanics, etc!!

cheers
johnny27

24th Mar 06 at 14:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Well i had a set of blue tinted blubs in my corsa, they're are'nt road legal cos they're 90 full beam/70 dip beam. They're really good and bright, but it still dose'nt blind oncoming cars becuase the corsa headlamp lens are not clear, so its sorta dulls the light down abit. Fitting bulbs is dead easy you could do it in 3 minutes. As for the fog lamps, just put a std 55w blue bulb in them just for looks, as the fog lamps are'nt suppose to be bright. When you're fitting the new blubs, never touch the lens (glass part) cos it will blow them straight away when you switch them on.
johnny27

24th Mar 06 at 14:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

BTW u can also buy 100/80 blue bulbs for the corsa, they are called RING OFFROAD.
But i don't know if these would be too bright for on comming tracfic
corsaaa_16v

24th Mar 06 at 14:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

so summarise it for me:

full beam bulbs = what brand = what price

dipped beam = what brand = what price

fogs = what brand = what price

i prefer the white light look to the blue, like on the audi tt's!!

and what did you mean when you said dont touch the lens, you mean dont have the bulb touching the lens when you put it back in, dont touch the lens with your hand, etc?? i didnt understand that bit fully??

cant be that easy to change bulbs can it because i need to take the bumper off to remove the lights dont i??
johnny27

24th Mar 06 at 14:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

As for bulbs. its up to u to go and look round a motor factors and choose a set of bulbs you like. The full beam and dip beam are all in the one bulb for corsas, i think its called a H4 bulb, so its one bulb per headlamp not 2 seperate ones for the full/dip, so choose whatever blue bulb you like.
For Fog lamp blubs are H3 type, so again look around for a set of bulbs you like for these.
When you say you like the white look light, this is not a std type bulb. Its a HID setup, which is totally different from normal halogen bulbs
There is no way any blue bulbs or any type halogen bulb will look the same as the HID in the audi TT. The blue type bulbs we are talking about are unfourantly the closest you'll get to this look.
What i mean is when your handling your new blubs don't touch the glass bit, only handle the metal bit at the bottom
And you don't have to remove the bumper to fit new bulbs. You just replace them by looking at the back of the headlamp (under the bonnet), take off the rubber cover, disconnect the plug wiring, then slip out the catch of the old bulb and fit the new one in its place
johnny27

24th Mar 06 at 15:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

U def don't have to remove the lights, take a look behind your lights, under the bonnet down beside the front panel and it will all make sense. Or have you got a haynes for the corsa?
corsaaa_16v

24th Mar 06 at 15:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

right i unserstand that, but il have to remove the bumper to change fog light bulbs wont i?
corsaaa_16v

24th Mar 06 at 15:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

found to for the headlights:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ASTRA-CORSA-FRONTERA-NOVA-XENON-bulbs-H4-60-55w-FREEp-p_W0QQitemZ4621996832QQcategoryZ10404QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

and these

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/OSRAM-H4-Silverstar-bulbs-CORSA-B-00-FRONTERA-MIDI-VAN_W0QQitemZ4625190130QQcategoryZ10404QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

are the 2nd ones the same white with a blue tint colour as the 1st one says it is!?

and for the fog lights, these

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ULTRA-BLUE-LOOK-HEADLIGHT-BULB-UPGRADE-H3_W0QQitemZ8048472933QQcategoryZ72235QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

and these

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/H3-Iceblue-Foglight-bulbs-New-fit-all-listed-cars_W0QQitemZ8050394159QQcategoryZ28645QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

if you were buying them, and wanted a crisp white light with a blue tint, which of these woould you buy!?
johnny27

24th Mar 06 at 15:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i would without doubt go for the first link for the headlamp bulbs. As the orsams are pure crappy, i've tried them in place of std blubs, and the orsams were not different, did'nt even change the colour of the light never mind the brighness.
As for the fog lamps i would def go for the first ones you listed, should be a nice tint of them. Because again i have tried the other ones u listed the RING foglamps and they made no difference to the colour of the light nor did they change the brightness. So the two lights that would be best are
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ASTRA-CORSA-FRONTERA-NOVA-XENON-bulbs-H4-60-55w-FREEp-p_W0QQitemZ4621996832QQcategoryZ10404QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ULTRA-BLUE-LOOK-HEADLIGHT-BULB-UPGRADE-H3_W0QQitemZ8048472933QQcategoryZ72235QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

corsaaa_16v

24th Mar 06 at 15:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

so your saying dont buy the ring ones!? as they do h3 and h4 in the ice blue which are both legal and they would both eb the same tint, etc wouldnt they?
johnny27

24th Mar 06 at 16:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

no the tint on the ring ice blue bulbs both h3 and h4 is not noticable over a std bulb. I've tried them and seen no differnce even just considering the colour, waste of money. Buy the first H4 bulb you gave the ebay link for.
And buy the first foglamp bulb you gave the link for, not the ring
corsaaa_16v

24th Mar 06 at 16:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

cheers

New Poll