corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Geek Day » Pda Spec's

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Pda Spec's
davcohen

User status: Offline
1st Apr 06 at 16:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

im looking to get a reasonable PDA which has GPS so i can have satnav, there is this reconditioned Medion one which looks alright

https://www.medionshop.co.uk/ukshop/b2c/productdetail.do?productguid=43EA322232AA328FE10000000A00004A435B10C9242D2953E00000306E0F2A06&productarea=43EA322232AA328FE10000000A00004A&scenario=bestseller&forward=showcua

but yesterday i was looking on everyones favourite auction site... ebay and it came up with loads of PDA's with Satnav, now im ok with computers but when it comes to PDA's i dont know whats good and whats bad

here are two which look pretty decent even with the BIN

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=9705846161&ssPageName=STRK:MEWA:IT
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=9705646837&ssPageName=STRK:MEWA:IT

if anyone can help me out, maybe tell me what i should be looking out for, i want to install TomTom software on them which i can easily get hold of so not worried about the software more the hardware side of things
Robin
Premium Member

1st Apr 06 at 16:58   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i have an Acer N35, its very goodm does all the things you want it to do, and is cheap

also, its software is on an SD card, so you can buy the tom tom software on SD and use it on it

well worth a look IMO
davcohen

2nd Apr 06 at 23:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i was watching a few on ebay just not sure which is the best buy and as mentioned what is good specs for one of these

the ones listed on ebay above seem pretty good, there was one with a 400mhz processor would that be faster then an N35
ssj_kakarot

2nd Apr 06 at 23:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

tbh mate you dont notice much difference in performance of newer models any way, i had a 400mhz xda2 and now have a 520mhz one and i didnt notice any difference, they all are capable of whaching movies, games, apps ect.

my advice would be to buy one with built in wifi no end of fun things to do with a wi fi connection lol.
davcohen

2nd Apr 06 at 23:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

the ones we have listed above only have like 200-300mhz processors, i mean im good with comps and obviously the higher the mhz (ghz now) rating the better its going to be able to cope

i mean i have a budget, dont want to spend more then like £150 but i want to get the best for my money, im not in a major rush.

i guess i assumed having a faster processor ment it wouldnt stall or anything, i really dont understand how these things work yet so its hard for me to decide on my own

New Poll