corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » c16xe + map?

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author c16xe + map?
markos

User status: Offline
26th Apr 06 at 02:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

bought a c16xe recently, going to rebuild it with new piston rings, seal etc etc, everything basically. was going to buy x16xe, but decided to get C instead of X - good choice?

can c16xe be converted to map-sensor? will the stock maf-sensor be some kind of limitation when going for a 140-150bhp figure? i will be using either a remapped ecu with 7500rpm limiter, or perfect power's smt6 piggyback computer with higher rev limit as well.
if anyone thinks of getting rid of maf-sensor and fitting tb's - yes, they're great, but i just can't afford them. i'd rather go for my own design of a short inlet manifold based on x16xe lower part of the manifold (it's easier to bolt things on it, than the one found on c16xe).

am i going to have any big problems when swapping from x14xe? (got a full wiring loom and f15 gearbox from this c16xe)

oh.. one more thing: what needs to be done to the engine not to crash it when hitting 7500rpm except for balancing the internals? any ideas? arp rod bolts maybe? something else?

[Edited on 26-04-2006 by markos]
broster
Premium Member

26th Apr 06 at 07:08   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

dont need to balance internals, just fit arp rod bolts. im running 8500 on stock internals, ok they are balanced but only have arp bolts in there. work for me.

fit a manzel type inlet, the afm wont restrict you getting to 150bhp however the inlet route will, 140 is a good aim, 150 is a little bit more tricky, and costly! regardless of what people say.

c16xe with manzel style inlet, remap with raised limier will see about 130bhp, add an exhaust manifod and head work to get near the 135-140bhp mark, then youll need cams and other goodies to go further. then with cams you cant run verniers due to the cam sensor...... makes sence to save up and go for the bodies
markos

26th Apr 06 at 09:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

bodies cost roughly my 6 month salary... can't get them, really... add a standalone ecu and it's almost a 10 month salary no way

the exhaust is already waiting - 2.25" custom made, with c20xe exhaust manifold modified to fit 16xe head.

cams are planned to be there, but not this year.. will probably get dbilas 272deg with double springs

do you rev it to 8500 with hydraulic followers, or have you changed to mechanical?

[Edited on 26-04-2006 by markos]

New Poll