corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » x14xe running crap

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author x14xe running crap
DaNnY_LaD

User status: Offline
30th Apr 06 at 21:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Right i made a topic a few months back about my corsa sport running shit...So today i went to a mate and while it was running he said it sounds like it missing and when i start it up i smell fumes and when i ragg the bollox off it i smell pertol fumes off some sort...And it dosnt pull like a sport shud do...As if a 1.2 16v clio can keep up with me i should think there something wrong...Could the timing be out or something...Or what about the air flow meter..Im gettin it serviced this weekends so il get him to double check..Im gettin shit miles to 50miles £10 and 122miles from £20...Which is really bad..for a 1.4 16v sport and i don't even rag it and i get still get silly mileage....What the fuck could be wrong..I tried my mates pipercross air filter on my car and it made it feel quicker but didnt roar like its does on his...If it comes to it..Il just get a new engine put in..plus when im at the lights ready to set off when i rev to get goin it will drive normal and lose the revs then go but its dosnt pull like my sister g/f sport does...SO were do you lot reckon i should start from...

Thanks danny
fragpot

30th Apr 06 at 21:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Diagnostics check wouldnt go wrong.
CoastalCorsa

30th Apr 06 at 22:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

put paragraphs in ya text makes an easy read

is the eml on [orange light on dash]

if it is then get it plugged into diagnostic port

also there is a guy on ebay selling AFM for around half the price that Vaux sell them for

Would reccommend you get your std airbox back on and drill holes in the side of it which are nearest the drivers wing - see tutorials for more help on that

dont use any cone filters as these just suck in all the warm air from ya engine and do performance no good

my 1.4 16v sounded mint with a drilled box an KnN panel filter nice and throaty more responsive than when i had KnN cone on it
DaNnY_LaD

3rd May 06 at 16:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hmmmm Went for a dianostic test today and it came back as the car was perfectly healthy...So the old guy popped the bonnet and he went thats the problem....It was a fuel regualtor pipe that goes in 2 the back of the x14 lump...it had split and its the fuckin pipe barber pointed out 2 me wen he was lowering my car...He said it needs a good service and it will be running fine...

Can feel it pulling better in all gears..well pleased cost me f*** all to find out the problem as well...
Ryan_G1

3rd May 06 at 19:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Was it leaking fuel?

[Edited on 03-05-2006 by Ryan_G1]
DaNnY_LaD

3rd May 06 at 20:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Well sorta he said it was something to with the burning of the carbon and fuel not sure....Gonna lexmaul it now..

New Poll