corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » ebay scammer on my auction?

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author ebay scammer on my auction?
ssj_kakarot

User status: Offline
4th May 06 at 17:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

lol what do people think, look at the person who has bid.

ebay

i feel they are foreign scammer, have emailed them no reply though, will cancel the bid after a few days.

there email address is from a foreign country also. bet they have bid like £1000 so no one else has a chance stupid scammers

then again could all be legit will find out if they email back, doubt it is though.
Robin
Premium Member

4th May 06 at 17:13   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

cancel the bid now.
ssj_kakarot

4th May 06 at 17:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yeah a will but i want to see if they reply first so i can annoy them with idiotic emails before i cancel there bid and report them lol.

langey

4th May 06 at 17:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by ssj_kakarot
yeah a will but i want to see if they reply first so i can annoy them with idiotic emails before i cancel there bid and report them lol.

thats a good thing to do
ssj_kakarot

4th May 06 at 17:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

well its not a bad thing to do.

i just want to waste there time like they are wasting mine.

whats wrong with that?
abdus

4th May 06 at 17:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

leave it until 24 hrs before auction ending
langey

4th May 06 at 18:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by ssj_kakarot
well its not a bad thing to do.

i just want to waste there time like they are wasting mine.

whats wrong with that?

how is placing a bid in your auction, a waste of your time? isnt that what you put the auction up for, so people bid?

or am i missing the idea of ebay
ssj_kakarot

4th May 06 at 19:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i think your missing the point this person, is from a foreign country, who has no intension of actually paying me for the phone, but will try and scam the phone out of me, e.g. false paypal payment, or something similar.

therefore i would be sending an expensive phone to some scammer who in return pays me nothing so i lose my phone and get no money for it, whilst he/she gets a free phone.

no this is not the point of ebay, hence why i want to waste there time, as they are wasting my time when its obviously not a genuine bidder, and i wrote in my ad i will not send to any other country other than in the UK.

i made this clear in my first post, or at least i thought i did.

[Edited on 04-05-2006 by ssj_kakarot]
Jules

4th May 06 at 19:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Put in your acution scpheil that bidders with less than 5 positive feedback are to email you first or their bids will be cancelled (this is to avoid scammers) then you can avoid most of the timewasters
tom_simes
Show Staff
Organiser: South Wales
Premium Member

4th May 06 at 19:13   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

just because their email address is not from the uk doesn't mean they don't live here.
One of my friends at university owns the website http://www.chrisfane.be so uses and email address from that domain. However, he is not in Belgium, but South Wales or Oxford!
Just give them a day or so to reply, if not then I would remove it.
Incidentally, I agree totally with Jules, I did this when I recently sold my car on there, and all went smoothly.

[Edited on 04-05-2006 by tom_simes]
ssj_kakarot

4th May 06 at 20:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yeah i did email them just to make sure but im already like 99% sure its not legit.

cunningham

4th May 06 at 21:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

happend to me m8 but guy wanted to buy it now off ebay send invoice etc via paypal for some shipping number

i sent the email to paypal to make sure its legit and i was right it was a fake paypal email sent to me asking for payment

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » ebay scammer on my auction? 23 database queries in 0.0158181 seconds