corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Springs Help!!

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Springs Help!!
andypaterson

User status: Offline
12th Jun 06 at 08:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hi, my GF has a W reg (2000) Corsa 1.2 16v SXi, thats the phase B yes? Anyway, the driver side suspension spring decided to snap a bit the other day, about 6 inches of it!

So we're looking for a replacement spring, but...does the spring have to be off the exact same SXi model or could it be from a different model?

Thanks in advance

Andy
Planty02

12th Jun 06 at 10:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I think the springs area all the same apart from GSI's and Sports which were slightly lower. Anyone confirm this?
andypaterson

12th Jun 06 at 10:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Well i thought they would have been the same, but the SXi is a sporty model so wasn't sure if it had different bits.

What exactly makes an SXi? Just trim? Engine? Gearbox?

Thanks for the reply
IvIarkgraham
Premium Member

12th Jun 06 at 10:19   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

where you from andy?
Planty02

12th Jun 06 at 10:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Not quite sure what differences there are, think the SXI came with alloys and a different trim but I think the suspension is the same as other models (I'm not 100% sure on this though)
andypaterson

12th Jun 06 at 10:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by IvIarkgraham
where you from andy?

Cardiff.

I think we've now got an o/s SXi leg & spring so all should be well. Really should change both sides tbh, i think it's an excuse to lower it a bit but money is a factor!
Planty02

12th Jun 06 at 10:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

lol I always use broken bits as a reason to modify - It can be justified by saying that you were planning to do it in the future so theres no point wasting money on standard parts now
andypaterson

12th Jun 06 at 11:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yup, my Golf needs a new Temp Sender, does that mean i can get the 16" Borbet A's i've been lookign at
Planty02

12th Jun 06 at 11:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

most definately

New Poll