corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » England so far...

Poll: England so far...
  Yes
  No

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author England so far...
CorsAsh

User status: Offline
25th Jun 06 at 16:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Are they just scraping through each game?

What are your views and opinions?
abdus

25th Jun 06 at 16:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

still 65-70% of expectation imo

but 2 or 3(not sure) games were played in intense heat (35-37 deg C)

defense need to be tighter, need to revert to 4-4-2 with Lampard out....

[Edited on 25-06-2006 by abdus]
Robin
Premium Member

25th Jun 06 at 16:57   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

wubbish.
Steve
Premium Member

25th Jun 06 at 17:26   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

think the heats getting to them big style, dont forget most of the teams have been against negroes who are used to it

[Edited on 25-06-2006 by Steve]
Milkman

25th Jun 06 at 17:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:

dont forget most of the teams have been against negroes who are used to it

Just cos they are black does not mean they are used to the heat! i am black and i cant stand the heat too much! especially running around a football pitch!

I think you mean cos they are from warmer continents
CorsAsh

25th Jun 06 at 17:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I get it now, your name is ironic?

Unless you actually are a milkman and I've just been blatantly racist
Ian
Site Administrator

25th Jun 06 at 17:55   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I think Steve just likes saying controversial things.

I think they've muddled through games, ultimately that doesn't matter if you win, but I don't think Rooney had support up the front today. We're not doing much in open play, the passing is good but its not offensive enough, and it breaks down when it starts to matter.

[Edited on 25-06-2006 by Ian]
Ry_B
Banned

25th Jun 06 at 17:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by CorsAsh
I get it now, your name is ironic?

FPMSL!!!

Steve has a point though...most of them haven't only been black, but also been from hotter countries. Argentina, Ecuador, Trinidad and Tobago etc.

The heat is definitely getting to them, no doubt about it
Milkman

25th Jun 06 at 21:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I know what he is saying and am not way am calling him racist. I know he did not mean it like that. Just thought it could of been worded better. sorry just me nit picking
Cosmo

25th Jun 06 at 22:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Still think we can win it (and Im not really a big England fan). We can pick the game up with whoever we player, so even if we arent the most impressive team each time we can still win!
Carl

25th Jun 06 at 23:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I feel that alot is to do with the opponents they have played, i'm hoping when they play against more attacking teams such as portugal there will be more space for our players to attack. Seems like we have no threat of a goal at the minute from open play as there are no ideas to penetrate the opposition.
X 60RSA

25th Jun 06 at 23:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I read this:

England have still to show us their true colours in Germany. Are they deliberately employing a clever strategy, just doing enough to win and creep quietly through so all the attention remains with Brazil, Argentina and the home nation? They won few style points in the searing heat of a midsummer's afternoon in Stuttgart which put a premium on economy of effort

Ok it could be a plan they have, but we wont find out the truth, plus its a risky game to play IMO.

Carl

25th Jun 06 at 23:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

A team of 11 world class footballers playing other able footballers are never going to think " i know we will play steady and scrap through" It just doesn't work like that!
Cosmo

25th Jun 06 at 23:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by X 60RSA
I read this:

England have still to show us their true colours in Germany. Are they deliberately employing a clever strategy, just doing enough to win and creep quietly through so all the attention remains with Brazil, Argentina and the home nation? They won few style points in the searing heat of a midsummer's afternoon in Stuttgart which put a premium on economy of effort

Ok it could be a plan they have, but we wont find out the truth, plus its a risky game to play IMO.

not a chance in hell are we JUST playin to get the result. We are trying our best and just getting enough. I still think we can do the same against the best in the world and beat them though.
Marc

26th Jun 06 at 11:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I really do think we've missed having Neville on the pitch. We're going to need Crouch later on and I can't see us playing a 4-5-1 again. Still don't know why Walcots here though, I would of thought they would have used him early on, are they going to use him later on?
Steve
Premium Member

26th Jun 06 at 11:54   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i think the 451 system worked well TBH, they need to stick with it IMO
Marc

26th Jun 06 at 11:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I think it was more a case of making the best of what we had to be honest.
Ojc

26th Jun 06 at 11:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Stick with 4-5-1 but Lampard needs to sort himself out very quickly otherwise I will burn him.
antscorsa

26th Jun 06 at 12:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

there not playing there best whereas temas like argintina germany are, were due a few goals from the likes of rooney and lampard plus others, so im not worried and still 100% believe we will iwn the world cup.

if we got this far playing crap then when we play well i think theres no better team in the tournament.
Tom

26th Jun 06 at 12:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I think given the options 4-5-1 is a good system to stick with, we looked good when we tried to play it through the midfield, but some of them are still trying the long ball to a lone short striker

I defo think we can raise our game though and will hopefully respond better to the bigger teams (in our usual style), I'm just glad we had quite an easy run to the quarters as we are renowned for slow starts in competitions

We should beat portugal
Steve
Premium Member

26th Jun 06 at 12:04   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yes the long balls, espeecially from robinson was pissing me right off
Marc

26th Jun 06 at 12:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

That was blatent time wasting though! There were loads in the last 15-20 minutes!

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » England so far... 24 database queries in 0.0108418 seconds