corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » Englands back four?

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Englands back four?
Cosmo

User status: Offline
24th Jun 06 at 10:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The first three names on the list IMO should be Neville, Terry and Ashley Cole, those three are for certain the best in their positions and I doubt many would argue with that.

The other CB is between Rio and Carragher. Now I would personally go with Carragher as he has been immense over the last two seasons (while that coke head has been banned and making a whole load of mistakes week in week out) but I can accept Rio being picked there as on his day he can be a great CB.

But what is with this shit about Carra being dropped and Sol replacing him while Rio is injured? In his day Sol was a great no-nonsense defender, but he is nothing like he used to be and should no way to ahead of Carragher for the CB role.

I just think its a bit of a kick in the face by Sven to Carra. He doesnt get picked for the CB after playing great for two years. Is used as a holding midfield role, CB stand in, and then RB stand in. And now gets dropped for Sol.

/rant

Anyone else agree with this?
Marc

24th Jun 06 at 10:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Won't be seeing Captain Neville for a while
MR2Mike

24th Jun 06 at 11:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

thought you didnt make personal insults cosmo. true colours
Cosmo

24th Jun 06 at 11:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Mike_Corsa

Personal insult? Where? I called Rio a coke head, but that isnt an insult, its what he is.
abdus

24th Jun 06 at 12:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Rio: Jar Jar Binks

Yes I agree, without any doubt, caqrragher should have been ahead....
MR2Mike

25th Jun 06 at 10:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Cosmo
quote:
Originally posted by Mike_Corsa

Personal insult? Where? I called Rio a coke head, but that isnt an insult, its what he is.

thats your opinion.... two faced you are pal

[Edited on 25-06-2006 by Mike_Corsa]
J da Silva

25th Jun 06 at 11:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I think Ashley Cole is Englands best left back when he's playing well, but he's been a liability for England all world cup, could have stopped the 2nd Sweden goal also but just ran away from the ball.

I don't agree that Rio is a coke head though, he only smoked some shit once and since then has been great for Man Utd, I have Rio in above Carragher, but that's not saying Carragher is bad because he's not, it's just that England have a few very good CB's, Sol included but if he feels Sol will cope better with Ecuadorian attackers then he has to pick him. It's a good problem to have.
I'm sure Sven doesn't get personal whilst picking his team, he will just pick what he feels will win the game that day.

[Edited on 25-06-2006 by Jizinho Silva 10]
antscorsa

25th Jun 06 at 11:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

personally altho i like caragher alot, i think he is a very suspect defender, i dont whole heartly trust him and is prone to make mistakes.

now i know ur gna give me some massive arguement cosmo, but this is my opionio from what ive seen.
MR2Mike

25th Jun 06 at 11:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

neville terry ferdinand cole

BUT if ANY of them got injured id play carragher before campbell any day !

IMO ofcourse iirc ttfn

[Edited on 25-06-2006 by Mike_Corsa]
Cosmo

25th Jun 06 at 13:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by antscorsa
personally altho i like caragher alot, i think he is a very suspect defender, i dont whole heartly trust him and is prone to make mistakes.

now i know ur gna give me some massive arguement cosmo, but this is my opionio from what ive seen.

prone to mistakes? When? I watch him week in week out for Liverpool and he never makes mistakes....Hyypia does that foi us.

Oh...and Rio was/is a coke head. I go out the same places he does, and its was widely known he was along time before any of it came out in the papers and he was banned.
abdus

25th Jun 06 at 13:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

with Carragher, you can't go wrong...not during the last 2 yrs....Nah...
Ry_B
Banned

25th Jun 06 at 13:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Rio needs to be MERKED
Russ

25th Jun 06 at 18:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

JC came on and showed exactly why we should of took wes brown, can play right back better than jc,and can play cb more no-nonsense from rio, cara should of stayed behind with the others who arent good enough for england like defoe and aj and bent
J da Silva

25th Jun 06 at 18:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Not sure about Bent, I think he's a predator striker. Defoe I agree with because he doesn't hunt the 6yard area, hence his poor record, and AJ hasn't played against good defences all season.

[Edited on 25-06-2006 by Jizinho Silva 10]
Cosmo

25th Jun 06 at 19:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Russ
JC came on and showed exactly why we should of took wes brown, can play right back better than jc,and can play cb more no-nonsense from rio, cara should of stayed behind with the others who arent good enough for england like defoe and aj and bent

yeah, OK mate. Im sure your just not trying to wind people up with that. Les leave the football talk to people who know hey, seems you dont have a clue (must be Mikes mate Im guessing )
Russ

25th Jun 06 at 20:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:

yeah, OK mate. Im sure your just not trying to wind people up with that. Les leave the football talk to people who know hey, seems you dont have a clue (must be Mikes mate Im guessing )
apart from kicking ecuadorian players in our own box and setting one of their players up for a shot with his first touch, what else did he do ?
Ojc

25th Jun 06 at 20:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Terry is dodgy as fook, get him out.
MarkM

25th Jun 06 at 20:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ojc
Terry is dodgy as fook, get him out.

Yes that header today was not the first time he has cost us or nearly cost us a goal this WC...

Terry is a brilliant defender I accept that but he has been dodgy at times...
Cosmo

25th Jun 06 at 21:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
apart from kicking ecuadorian players in our own box and setting one of their players up for a shot with his first touch, what else did he do ?

he is a CB playing RB, but is still better than Hargreaves there. He did nothing wrong against Sweden (BTW- Who played 90mins and didnt make a tackle in that game...Beckham!!! FACT so had no support against Freddie!). I will never say he is perfect there, as it not his position, but to do nothing wrong and be dropped as he had no support is just insulting IMO.
MarkM

25th Jun 06 at 21:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Sven hasnt got a clue its plain to see...

Cosmo

25th Jun 06 at 21:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by MarkM
Sven hasnt got a clue its plain to see...

True.

I actually never thought this in the past, and used to defend some of his moves. But messing about with the team during the WC is just wrong IMO and he sint doing any good. Let alone not playing the best positions of your three best players...Lampard, Gerrard and Rooney.
J da Silva

26th Jun 06 at 16:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Sven is either incapable as a manager or he's a few steps ahead of everyone upstairs and we just can't see it, I was thinking last night, why would he mess about with the system and play players in one match then drop him the next, and the only reason I can think of is so potential opposition can't make a system to play against England.
MR2Mike

26th Jun 06 at 16:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:

nope dont even know him.
Rob_Quads

26th Jun 06 at 22:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Jizinho Silva 10
..but he's been a liability for England all world cup, could have stopped the 2nd Sweden goal also but just ran away from the ball.

Were you watching a different match to me againt Ecuador? Cole had a scrocher of a match. Saved a definate goal with a awesome last gasp block, made numerous runs upfront, almost linking clear from a free kick (if only the ball was not moving), was barely beaten all game.

I agree in the qualifiers he has not been 100% but then hes still in the process of coming back from injury, going on his last game it looks like hes almost there.

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » Englands back four? 24 database queries in 0.0145111 seconds