corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Snap Day » Bought 2 new toys.

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Bought 2 new toys.
Tiger

User status: Offline
10th Jul 06 at 19:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The top camera is a medium format Mamiya 645 1000s (and it will be the 2nd of these that I now own.) - comes complete with a 150mm f4 lens and a CbS Prism finder - an expensive bit of kit on its own. 2 years ago I would have payed £1k for that camera - picked it off ebay for £155

The bottom camera is a Nikon F801 - a replacement to my Nikon F501 that has recently packed in. The camera has a much faster auto-focus than the F501 which will be a bonus and better metering and a few other features too. Dunno what the book price is but I paid £72 for it.

Ben.
Rus

10th Jul 06 at 20:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

bargain
Tiger

12th Jul 06 at 18:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I got the Nikon, its really good, the body is all metal so you know you've got something decent quality in hand, its packed with features too. The AF is much quicker too, if a little noisy. Metering seems very accurate. I look forward to putting some film through it now.

I await the Mamiya, mainly for the CbS auto exposure prism!

Ben.

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Snap Day » Bought 2 new toys. 24 database queries in 0.0094359 seconds