corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Body types

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Body types
_felix

User status: Offline
29th Jul 06 at 14:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

hi,
i've just had a quick search and can't find any info on what year corsas changed the body types.

does anyone know what year the body type changed from type 1 to 2, or if it's models and not year that effects it.

i'm looking to find out as i'm doing the 2.0l 16v conversion and have found its cheaper to use cars with the type 1 body.

also do the different body types make the car any better or worse.

thanks in advance.
felix
ed

29th Jul 06 at 14:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It's cheaper and easier to do a conversion on an old 8v Corsa which doesn't have too many gadgets. The only reason I say it's cheaper is because the 16v models with PAS need a new o/s chassis leg mount. If the car has a/c too then that needs to be professionaly removed. If the car is a 1.0 or a 1.2 then you will find the wiring more complicated too.

By type 1 and type 2 I guess you mean pre and facelfit. Facelfit models supposedly had the hadling tweaked by Lotus, but you junk most of the parts when doing a conversion as you have to uprate the suspension anyway...

I found that my conversion into a 1994 1.2 8v was very simple to do indeed. It took me 2 days to do, there were a few minor things I didn't look into when doing the conversion which were condusing - mainly to do with the wiring...
bieransri

29th Jul 06 at 15:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

if your talking about the m-tech kit stating body type 1 kit and body type 2 kit, it should say with or without powersteering, 8v or 16v, just match them up to your car and the kit for you will be the one with the things your car does/does not have

New Poll