corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Classifieds » Cars Offered » Corsa Gsi must go go cheap!

Insufficient Privileges to Post
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Corsa Gsi must go go cheap!
twigz

User status: Offline
18th Aug 06 at 20:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Fed up with ebay nonpaying bidders....

1994 'L' registered Vauxhall Corsa GSi 1.6 GSi 16 Valve, 3 door hatchback finished in metallic silver.

This is to be sold as a runner. However, when started it's apparent some thing is'nt quite right, it sounds like it's missing/not firing on all cylinders and can smell fumes.When driving it does however give off blue smoke. The car is also currently sorn'd

It has covered 141000 miles. It currently has no road tax or mot and would need to be towed or trailered away. I strongly advise you not to drive this home.

The car is in superb mechanical condition other than the fault which has been described. The bodywork is also very straight and genuine however it does have some rust blisters, on the NS door, there may also be the odd minor scratch or scuff which is to be expected on a 12 year old car, please see the photographs.

The interior is in excellent condition with no excessive wear, tear or burns. Being the Corsa Gsi it has very good specification which includes:

* Metallic silver paintwork

* 1600 cc 16 v engine (needs attention)

* 5 speed manual transmission

* Colour coded bumpers

* 15 inch Alloy wheels

* Tailgate spoiler

* Central locking

* Power steering

* Black velour interior

* Thatcham 1 alarm immobiliser

*ABS

Ok the bad bits: Engine needs attention could need vavle replacement or engine management system ( what excactly the problem is i dont know). I have trouble at times getting into 1st,2nd and 5th gear. I do have a short shift linkage which could cure the problem but I can't guarantee that. The front bumper/spoiler has had a knock, possibly be repaired and needs driver side fog lamp. Hand brake light stays on, abs light comes on after about 5 seconds from starting.Just like to add that there is a small piece of trim missing on the passenger side this can be seen in one of the pics. small cover missing on drivers side where you would jack the car up. And small chip in front windscreen (doesnt affect MOT !!!)

THE GOOD BITS: Its had a new down pipe, new catylyst, Sports back box (not new), new ball joints both sides, new Cv joint (drivers side), New rear shocks (standard), new tyres, it has 15 Inch BST Alloys (not new), It also has power assisted steering, ABS, Tilt and Slide Sunroof And New Corsa Combat Front Bumper (comes with mesh and New Fog Lamps- see pics) and a short shift linkage.

I really need this gone. First person to offer me £250 no less! takes it all away. I'm getting my new retro Merc next week and this Corsa really does have to go. Call/txt 07979 973061 or pm me on here. I've been really busy with work but I have my life back for now.

And NO I wasn't going to use the Combat Bumper

[Edited on 18-08-2006 by twigz]
vaux-tech

18th Aug 06 at 20:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

pictures of engine bay pal? very interested
Adam-D

18th Aug 06 at 21:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

you know if i could get that home i would have got it off you right now
Graeme
Premium Member

18th Aug 06 at 22:23   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

pics of engine and where abouts in bedfordshire are u as i am also in bedfordshire and am very interested!
BaNNi

18th Aug 06 at 23:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Interested and cash waiting. U2U me mate!
twigz

19th Aug 06 at 11:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I will try and get a pic of the engine. I'm in Biggleswade C4 WLK

It's the plastic manifold one so I assume that's C16XE

[Edited on 19-08-2006 by twigz]

Insufficient Privileges to Post

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Classifieds » Cars Offered » Corsa Gsi must go go cheap! 25 database queries in 0.0115268 seconds