corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Geek Day » Laptop - Screen Advice - Small lines and dots appearing (red)

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Laptop - Screen Advice - Small lines and dots appearing (red)
_Allan_

User status: Offline
11th Aug 06 at 21:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Right story is m8's Sony Vaio laptop.

Can be turned on 5 minutes or 1 hour and red lines and dots will slowly appear on the screen at random. They gradually get worse but can disappear as quick as a window change to say google etc...

It seems like a screen issue and I know he hasn't changed anything on the laptop recenlty.

The time is random and location and it increases until quite bad but can go in an instant to only come back later on

Any ideas or anyone had similar experience.

Thanks

_Allan_

17th Aug 06 at 07:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Anyone?
nyzrox

17th Aug 06 at 07:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Sounds like a connection issue mate, with the screen and vga... unless the screen its self is fucked.

if you can plug it into a external monitor and see if same appears
PaulW

17th Aug 06 at 07:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

happens alot on the sony screens

how old is the laptop? to be fair, sony will only honour a replacement under warranty if a total area of more than 7% coverage is affected, whereas a few dead pixels wont warrant 7%

best thing is see if you can find a replacement screen from eBay or somewhere else, or just get used to it...
_Allan_

17th Aug 06 at 07:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by PaulW
happens alot on the sony screens

how old is the laptop? to be fair, sony will only honour a replacement under warranty if a total area of more than 7% coverage is affected, whereas a few dead pixels wont warrant 7%

best thing is see if you can find a replacement screen from eBay or somewhere else, or just get used to it...

The pixels aren't dead though because they come back to life with a window change etc.. The laptop is well out of warranty and about 2-3 years old.

I could try to plug in an external monitor but I think it's his screen.
nyzrox

17th Aug 06 at 09:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i think maybe connection to vga mate
_Allan_

19th Aug 06 at 16:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I checked the laptop before and as soon as it was tuned on. The icons on the screen (not all of them) were a bit weird colour wise and a few had red dots/lines in. I changed the screen properties no change. I then plugged in a monitor to the VGA port and no difference. The icons displayed were still fecked. So I don't think it's the TFT of the laptop.

Now could this be the graphics card within the laptop?. Are these easy to replace? or is it something else on the motherboard that controls the colours/graphics for icons etc?

Any more advice?

New Poll