corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Brakes locking up???

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Brakes locking up???
nyzrox

User status: Offline
   21st Aug 06 at 18:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yo,

Seems to be evyer time i pull off ther is a kinde of bang/snapping noise at my rear wheels when i pull off after cars been stood for awhile.

Cam today to take the car out, got in turned on, in gear, hand break off and fuck all... took it out of gear and was going no where...

Treat with mum pushing the car and just wouldng fucking move... Put it in first gear hand break off, and put it up to about 5000rpm just wouldnt move... tried in reverse with foot down and nothing... then tried again in first and it went bang/snap really loud and was moving... went out for half hour was sound as a pound

Im wondering if inside the brake drum the spring is getting stuck and thats why it keeps doing this...

Any ideas Lads... This is on a 99V plate 1.6 Sport
Rob_Corsa

21st Aug 06 at 18:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

take the drums apart and copper-slip everything that needs it. Also check for a lip on the drum itself where its been wearing away.
nyzrox

21st Aug 06 at 18:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Any pictures or owt, as i got no idea how to get into the drums...

Then again, im sure it be in a haynes manual
csweatherston

21st Aug 06 at 19:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

seems to be a common problem on corsa's.....the front shoe will jump over the wheel cylinder piston......!!..

worst case...you'll need some shoes as the linings will be knacked
nyzrox

22nd Aug 06 at 06:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by csweatherston
seems to be a common problem on corsa's.....the front shoe will jump over the wheel cylinder piston......!!..

worst case...you'll need some shoes as the linings will be knacked

Front? But its the rear that lockup... unless the shoe is in the drum i know nothing about the mechanical side as you can tell. thanks for your help guys

New Poll