corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » corsa 1.6 sport high oil consumption!

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author corsa 1.6 sport high oil consumption!
RioVerde

User status: Offline
2nd Sep 06 at 14:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

hey,anyone have any probs with excessive oil consumption in the x16xe engine i seem to put in about a quarter to half a litre a week in but i am using 5w30 fully synthetic. Changing to 10w40 semi synthetic soon i think! see if it makes any difference!!
JadeM
Premium Member

2nd Sep 06 at 14:18   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Mine did this....short while later the big end went kaaaarchung!!

Is their smoke coming out the back under load???

Mind & check for leaks aswell as it might just be an easy fix - loose sump nut or something
davey_jack

2nd Sep 06 at 15:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

RioVerde, sorry mate but you are probably looking at a new bottom end! OR.... you could have an oil leak!
RioVerde

2nd Sep 06 at 15:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

its only got 54k on it and has service history only prob is when i bought it it hadnt had a service for 3 years n the oil was black as..,i bought it cheap though and the car is mint..the thing is in them 3 years the car only covered about 8000 miles so wasnt too bad,yes it does smoke on start up and my mate said it smokes when i change gear when i flew past him other day!!,i dont really thrash it though and never thrash from cold..might give the 10w40 a go n see how it goes,theres no rattles or anything the engine sounds sweet as and goes really well. I work at vauxhall dealer anyway so if it did go it wouldnt be the end of the world!
ps there is defo no leaks
betrayed

2nd Sep 06 at 23:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by RioVerde
its only got 54k on it and has service history only prob is when i bought it it hadnt had a service for 3 years n the oil was black as..,i bought it cheap though and the car is mint..the thing is in them 3 years the car only covered about 8000 miles so wasnt too bad,yes it does smoke on start up and my mate said it smokes when i change gear when i flew past him other day!!,i dont really thrash it though and never thrash from cold..might give the 10w40 a go n see how it goes,theres no rattles or anything the engine sounds sweet as and goes really well. I work at vauxhall dealer anyway so if it did go it wouldnt be the end of the world!
ps there is defo no leaks

i hav same probs m8 mines the 1.6 16v sport ive bn told its stem oil seals + im gettin a rebore while the engines out 2 coz i was told that cud b a problem 2 mine was doin alot ov oil in theres no point i tryed that ov 2 weeks nd made no changes at all al let u no the out come ov mine get her bck on tuesday 400 pound l8ta all in all lol
Dave A
USER UNDER INVESTIGATION - DO NOT TRADE

3rd Sep 06 at 10:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

get a compression test done ( a leakdown test ) that will tell you the cause of the problem
Scotty C

3rd Sep 06 at 12:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Dave A
get a compression test done ( a leakdown test ) that will tell you the cause of the problem

Can you have this done at a main dealer? Mine burns oil too
broster
Premium Member

3rd Sep 06 at 12:17   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

vauxhall recommend 10w40 oil anyway.
RioVerde

3rd Sep 06 at 14:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

they do reccomend that but i kinda wasnt paying for the oil so had fully synthetic ,its really piss thin stuff though gonna have it changed to semi,the smoke doesnt bother me atall really just wondered if anyone else had the same probs,the lads at work say the stem seals prob gone. I dont normally pay 4 oil so may as well keep running it rather than pay £400!!
Wrighty

3rd Sep 06 at 16:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by broster
vauxhall recommend 10w40 oil anyway.

but fully synth is better quality

depends how much you want to look after your car

no points using fully synth if u service it regular etc
RioVerde

3rd Sep 06 at 16:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

got a debate on the cards now what do u ppl think stick to fully synthetic or change to semi??
Dave A
USER UNDER INVESTIGATION - DO NOT TRADE

3rd Sep 06 at 21:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

stick to semi 10w 40

csweatherston

3rd Sep 06 at 23:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

vaux recommend 10/40 semi...so use that
ive been running mine on 15/40 for the last year, but my bottom end is all but gone
AndyO

5th Sep 06 at 18:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Vauxhall say that it could use upto 1 litre of oil a month
RioVerde

5th Sep 06 at 21:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

the litre of oil a month is true
liam8888

5th Sep 06 at 21:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Dave A

Where do can you get 1 done? Myns doin the same thing black smoke coming out of the back and topped it up wiv 10/40. Warning light is coming on after 3 days it was fine when i topped it up. Its done 46000 so fort there shudnt be anythin tht bad wiv it, so is it best gettin sorted or will it f**k up?

New Poll