corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » battery trouble...

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author battery trouble...
markygfaebburn

User status: Offline
6th Sep 06 at 09:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

my battery in my car seems to die every 3/4 weeks so i replace it but it was dead when i got up yesterday morning & when i got up this morning, it was dead again! :?

any ideas?

cheers, mark
Dean_W

6th Sep 06 at 09:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Not charging, or a drain somwhere.
CoastalCorsa

6th Sep 06 at 09:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

may be too late now but have you ever looked at the fluid levels inside the battery, you may have dried out one of the cells, this would allow the battery to charge but would also drain all charge once the vehicle is turned off
markygfaebburn

6th Sep 06 at 09:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

not checked the levels but can hear the fluid sloshing around inside, maybe alternator..?
CoastalCorsa

6th Sep 06 at 09:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

can you open the battery to top up fluid levels, if you can then open it up anf fill with ionised water, can be bought in most supermarkets

or go to motor shop and ask them to check your battery little hand held machine that gives a status check on the battery tells you if it needs replacing or if its un service-able
CoastalCorsa

6th Sep 06 at 09:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

alternatively - do you have a multi meter
markygfaebburn

6th Sep 06 at 19:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i dont have a muti meter or that but this has happened with 3 different batterys!

i dont know how to go about checking whats causing it, i know a bit about motors but when it comes to electrics, i havn't got a clue!!

what happens if i put a larger battery in it? would i need a new altenator? heard diesel batterys are good but would i need to changed the altenator for that?
daz_SRi

6th Sep 06 at 20:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

3 different batterys having the same problem would suggest something is not switching off properly and is causing a drain. Do you have an ICE install? if so make sure the amps are off when you take the key out as these are common if they are not wired up properly. Also check all if all your interior lights go out (remove the parcel shelf and shut the boot and lock car to check the boot light)
CoastalCorsa

6th Sep 06 at 21:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Well assuming all 3 batteries have been bought new, i would get your car into a garage or auto electricians and ask them to look into the problem.

New Poll