corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » any1 work for o2?

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author any1 work for o2?
corsa-sxi

User status: Offline
6th Sep 06 at 18:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

right, im due an upgrade and im kinda pissed off at what am have been told
i want the SE k800i and im on the o2 200 tariff...and i got £10 off line rental a year, due to my last upgrade...

so i pay £20 instead of £30 for the tariff

anyway she said she wants £119 for the phone...on my tariff, then she knocked it down another £50 so its £69.99 it hink is still expensive

so i went into a store today and on the tariff im on i could upgrade to the phone for £50, but the salesperson said i might get my £10 off promotion deal taken off :S i rang up and the girl said yes its fine i can still get £10 off if i upgrade instore, but when i just rang up O2 they said no i wont get £10 off cos its a store deal...i dnt understand they are part of the same company...any ideas how i can get the phone for free? basically for being with o2 for 2 yrs, im not getting any better deal than if im starting a new contract
Mase
Premium Member

6th Sep 06 at 18:11   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

in think they see o2 shops and o2 online as seperate companies...

Because when i took my number with me when i went from o2 PAYG to contract, they said that if i was with an o2 shop PAYG sim, i would have to get a PAC (i think !!) code, whereas if I had a online PAYG, i could change my number instantly...

[Edited on 06-09-2006 by Mase]

Mase
corsa-sxi

6th Sep 06 at 18:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

im not on an online tariff tho, im on a store tariff, but i upgraded thru o2 direct last yr, they just conning money out of ya, no customer loyalty at all
Crutey

6th Sep 06 at 18:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

02 themselves and 02 online are run as 2 seperate entities, different call centres etc.

Got a few mates who work for them.

I left 02 last year as they had no movement what so ever on the price of a handset and did not seem to want to attempt to retain me after 5 years.

Be aware that retentions is able to give you free phone, 3 months line rental and 3 months double bundle in order to retain you, although im not sure that applies to certain brand new handsets.
Bram

6th Sep 06 at 18:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Tell them you've found the equivalent on Orange and you want your PAC code, they'll soon change their tune!
Sam
Premium Member

6th Sep 06 at 18:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You don't spend enough each month hence why you have to pay for it.

I am with O2 and I had to pay £49.99 for a Nokia 6280 because I don't spend much each month either.
corsa-sxi

6th Sep 06 at 18:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

the point im not spending enough is the £10 off line rental each month offer i got last yr, which decreases my average spend, which is pissin me off, cos its cheaper 1 yr, but u pay more the next
Crutey

6th Sep 06 at 18:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

o2's threshold is £40 p/m, anything above that is classed as a high user. They do indeed work out some sort of credit system based on usage when assesing for an upgrade tho.
corsa-sxi

6th Sep 06 at 18:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

rang them up for the 3rd time tonight and its quite amazing what they can say to u bearing in mind i was offered phone for £69, now the retention dept say its £79
deal 1 phone = £79 200min 100 text for £15 a mnth
deal 2 phone = £79 500min 300 text for £20 a mnth
2 min later i said howcome u said u offer me phone for £69, now your upping it to £79
so he said look, how about i will give u 200 extra text for deal 1

so deal 1 (revised) 200min 300 text £15 a mnth

do u guy reckon deal 1 and 2 are both good deals?
SetH

6th Sep 06 at 19:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I had to spend £79.99 for my k800i, been with 02 12 months, average bill £40 with a couple of £100 ones in there.
James_DT

6th Sep 06 at 19:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I would have had to pay £79.99 for my K800i, but went to Vodafone who gave me it for free and gave me more minutes and more texts for less than I was paying with O2.
corsa-sxi

6th Sep 06 at 19:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by James_DT
I would have had to pay £79.99 for my K800i, but went to Vodafone who gave me it for free and gave me more minutes and more texts for less than I was paying with O2.

was that an instore deal? what is ur tariff? 18 mnth one? i been into vode store and they do offer the phone free on £30+ tariffs but i dnt wanna pay that much
SetH

6th Sep 06 at 19:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i get 750 free texts and 750 free minutes for £35 i think, had to go on 18 month contract to get it.

thinking i should have fucked of to vodafone.
Mav 3000

6th Sep 06 at 19:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I paid £170 for my N80, but get 500anytime rollover text or mms and 200 mins 2G or 3G any time any network for £15 a month.

Works out same as Orange over 12 months which had the phone for £50 but £20 a month, except I get 200 mins and 3G included (if I could get 3G that is).

Phone companies don't give anything away.
James_DT

6th Sep 06 at 19:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by corsa-sxi
quote:
Originally posted by James_DT

was that an instore deal? what is ur tariff? 18 mnth one? i been into vode store and they do offer the phone free on £30+ tariffs but i dnt wanna pay that much

Online. They have a new offer where you create your price plan. I started with the base of 200 minutes and 100 texts, and got 250 extra texts, 10% off line rental, 3 months half-price and Vodafone Stop the Clock (pay for just the first 3 minutes of any call less than an hour off peak) for free. Free K800i for an 18 month contract, £50 for a 12 month IIRC.
TNM

6th Sep 06 at 22:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i indirectly work for o2

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » any1 work for o2? 24 database queries in 0.0373950 seconds