corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Fitting alloys question!!

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Fitting alloys question!!
marcbcorsa

User status: Offline
14th Sep 06 at 13:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Right, i have a polo and bought some alloys for it second hand. I've never had a problem fitting wheels before but this time i have!!

basically when i offer the wheel up to fit, there is too much of a gap and therefore there is movement!

now with the wheels came these green plastic things that clip into the centre. Now when i put these on and offer the wheel up, its too tight and the wheel wont go on. Am i right in thinkin that the green plastci ring is a spigot ring?? could be totally wrong here!!

if im right, then do these spigot rings come in different sizes so that my wheels will fit??

thanks all, any help appreciated!

marcbcorsa
Ojc

14th Sep 06 at 13:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You need new hubs, yours have been derestricted.

Wrong car, wrong forum, everything is just wrong.

marcbcorsa

14th Sep 06 at 13:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

thanks, appreciated!!
Rob_Lee
Banned

14th Sep 06 at 13:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by marcbcorsa
Right, i have a polo and bought some alloys for it second hand. I've never had a problem fitting wheels before but this time i have!!

basically when i offer the wheel up to fit, there is too much of a gap and therefore there is movement!

now with the wheels came these green plastic things that clip into the centre. Now when i put these on and offer the wheel up, its too tight and the wheel wont go on. Am i right in thinkin that the green plastci ring is a spigot ring?? could be totally wrong here!!

if im right, then do these spigot rings come in different sizes so that my wheels will fit??

thanks all, any help appreciated!

marcbcorsa

OJC what are you on about???

Marc, what wheels are they?

By the sounds of it the spigot rings you have are the wrong size.

You'll need to call someone who deals with aftermarket alloys and tell them what wheels you have and what car they are going on and they should be able to get you some correct sized spigots

rob
marcbcorsa

14th Sep 06 at 14:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

cheers very much mate, i thought that was the case, i just needed to confirm it.

They are Artec 15" deep dish alloys. basically a replica of the RH Cups.

New Poll