corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » finally got it all done. (pics & essay warning)

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author finally got it all done. (pics & essay warning)
L30 SCT

User status: Offline
2nd Oct 06 at 13:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Well finally got all the bits fitted to my car. I have been waiting ages to get it all fitted and got it done for cheap. I'm just glad that we left the whole weekend to do it, as not everything went to plan. Here is how my day went….

(please keep in mind I don’t know much about internals of engines. I buy the parts and someone fits them.)

Dropped the car off at Vauxhall so my mate could fit the parts. I went away to see if my timing belt had came as it was a bit last minute. No guess’s what happened next, the fucking timing belt didn’t come.

Went back to Vauxhall to get oil filter, sump plug etc.. and to see how my mate was getting on. He wasn’t getting on well. he had managed to snap two of the head bolts. This put an extra hour on to getting the head off.

He then went to get the new head bolts out of the box of parts that I had given him. Only to find out it was conrod bolts I had bought. Luckly enough he worked at Vauxhall and they had them in stock.

So everything was going fine head, matzel, cams, timing belt,etc… were all on to find out that the cams would only turn in reverse. We thought it was firstly the shrick 268 cams that were at fault, but when we put the old cams back in they didn’t turn either. After 3 hours of trying different things they eventually started to turn. We still don’t know what caused them to stick.

Finally everything was fitted and back together, just putting the exhaust back on. Oh yes another problem. The centre pipe was two inches short of reaching my new manifold. But wasn’t a big problem.

the throttle would also either be fully open or full closed. Dave A said this was because i used the c16xe throttle body. got it sorted though. thats why the throttle cable is sitting funny.

Its days like these that makes me wonder why I do this, then you drive it. Anyway bitch over here is the spec

Fully rebuilt top end, new seals, valves, gaskets, washers, shims etc…
Ported and polished & skimmed head
Shrick 268 cams
Ngk spark plugs
Sbd rollers
Mantzel inlet manifold
Enlarged throttle body
K&N filter
4-1 exhaust manifold
Decat pipe
Magnex back box
Helix sports clutch
Lightened flywheel 5.6kg (std 9.4kg)
Mocal 12 row oil cooler
New radiator
Blue rocker cover

There is probably more but that’s all I can think of at the moment.

there are still a couple small bits that need sorted. it also known that i like a tie wrap
Stoneyginger
Premium Member

2nd Oct 06 at 14:51   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Tie Wraps are the most widely used and useful things ever in modding in my opinion
Rob_Lee
Banned

2nd Oct 06 at 14:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Never been a fan with the way the throttle cable sits with them

Looks good tho matey!

What was the cam prob in the end?
L30 SCT

2nd Oct 06 at 15:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

never found out. just started turning after a while. maybe grit.

dont feel like i am getting the power am ment to be though. is it possible to mix the cams up and for it still to run?
Rob_Lee
Banned

2nd Oct 06 at 15:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

remapped?
Stoneyginger
Premium Member

2nd Oct 06 at 15:02   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

it will not run properly without a mapping session once you get that and a raised rev limit you will know the full gains
L30 SCT

2nd Oct 06 at 15:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

it running standard managment and rev limit. but i thought i would feel a big difference.

saying that it revs a lot easier now. hopefully get a unchip soon.
Stoneyginger
Premium Member

2nd Oct 06 at 15:07   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

you would have on standard cams mate but you wouldnt notice that much cause all your power is going to be very high up which your standard map wont show you. wait till its mapped and raised and you will be
L30 SCT

2nd Oct 06 at 15:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ok. well the lightened flywheel and helix clutch is getting fitted to my car in 2 weeks time. hopefully get the unchip before the rolling road day.
Marc

2nd Oct 06 at 16:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Nice mods there! I don't know what it is but whenever you work on a car something always goes wrong doesn't it! Finished result looks very neat! Exhaust manifold looks
L30 SCT

2nd Oct 06 at 16:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

nothing ever goes to plan if you need your car done and ready for work on monday morning.
Marc

2nd Oct 06 at 16:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Tell me about it! Changing my rear discs resulted in my car been off the road for 2 days whilst I got a new spring for the drum inside the hub! Changing my front pads had my car off the road again when the caliper bolt heads were stripped! Always something!

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » finally got it all done. (pics & essay warning) 23 database queries in 0.0112572 seconds