corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » XE/CAT/MOT thing

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author XE/CAT/MOT thing
random dav
Premium Member

User status: Offline
6th Oct 06 at 17:46   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Tried searching but can't find anything.

How does the MOT test work? I have a 'pre-cat' XE engine therefore there is no lamba sensor. So I have a de-cat pipe on at the moment.

How does this work, I have heard stories about it going on the age of the car and others saying the age of the engine. Car is a 1994 model.

Has anyone had experience of this?

It's registered as a 2.0 BTW.

Cheers

WRLFC !

Project cars
chapcorsa

6th Oct 06 at 17:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i need to know this as my mots tomorrow, i rang the mot station and they say i have to have a professional reciept of some kind to prove that the engine is pre cat regs, otherwise i will have to fit a cat which it does not need!!! helpppppp!!
Mattb

6th Oct 06 at 18:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

it all depends on the age of the engine, not the car.. you need to be able to prove the engine is a pre cat 20XE.. ie the engine code clearly visable as 20XE or i belive there is a date stamp on the cam cap under the oil cap...

And if that all fails, ask to see the emmisions requirements for a 2.0 corsa.. tehy dont exist so they should also be able ot do a basic test on these grounds also
ckallis500

6th Oct 06 at 18:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yes that correct, you need to prove that the engine is out of a pre cat aged car... they might ask for the log book of the original car that the xe came out of to make sure.... but they should do a pre-cat emmissions test...
chapcorsa

7th Oct 06 at 17:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

been for mot today, tested it as a pre cat as i produced a reciept for the engine with reg of car on it and old mot slips from the car. failed on brakes tho!! dohh!!

New Poll