corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » storeing car over winter.......

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author storeing car over winter.......
hitman2k

User status: Offline
11th Oct 06 at 17:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

How often is it best to start car etc....... and also drive it once a week?take it for a spin around the block or will it be okay just starting etc,,,, any info or advice would be great
Martin_C

11th Oct 06 at 17:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

dont just run it for 5 mins, let it run for a good while to warm up properly or you'll end up with a build up of condensation in your oil etc.

leave it on axle stands if possible, keep the weight off the tyres, make sure you have the right antifreeze, disconnect battery etc.
ed

11th Oct 06 at 18:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Just leave it. A modern engine can take a lot more than just sitting for a few months. Make sure the oil is topped up and it has some fresh anti freeze in it.
ed

11th Oct 06 at 18:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Oh, only other thing is to keep the battery on a trickle charger or it can discharge itself after a long time, saying that, the battery on my car hasn't been used and has been in the corner of my shed for a year, tested it a few weeks back and it was still producing the correct ampage and voltage.
STEvieXE

11th Oct 06 at 21:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i woudlnt take it out a run and leave it in. nothing worse than taking a car out in the wet, leaving it inside for a couple of weeks. doesnt get the chance to dry properly with no air in below it and WILL cause corrosion..

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » storeing car over winter....... 23 database queries in 0.0086241 seconds