corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Tyre Prices + General Rant

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Tyre Prices + General Rant
Rob H

User status: Offline
16th Oct 06 at 16:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It makes me laugh, I've had quotes ranging from £80 fitted upto £115 supplied, which is fair enough, cause diff companies get different rates from their suppliers, but why oh why when I phone up and ask for Eagle F1's do people insist on trying to sell me something else apparently "just as good", or come out with the quality quote "we can do Wanli's really cheap".

Same goes for when i've gone to buy other "expensive" brands such as Alpine stuff, they all try and sell you something else, as if your buying the expensive stuff, just cause you like pissing money down the drain .
willay
Organiser: South East, National Events
Premium Member

16th Oct 06 at 16:09   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

maybe there is more margin in Wanlis.
Rob H

16th Oct 06 at 16:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Most likely, but that makes it more annoying!

You don't go to a car showroom and ask for a price on an Audi A3 and get told "We can do you a nice Kia Picanto cheap" do you?
mwg

16th Oct 06 at 16:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

annoys me when they do that.

or they say what about this tyre, its made in the same factory as Michelin but its branded as a road runner or something yeah ok whatever
Rob H

16th Oct 06 at 17:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Matty G
or they say what about this tyre, its made in the same factory as Michelin but its branded as a road runner or something yeah ok whatever

No they're usually right, it's their way of tapping into the budget market without loosing the "prestige" of their own brand. The main difference is that it's purposefully designed to be shitter than the other brand, so it's not as good , those are the ones that are worse than the normal budget tyres .
Robin
Premium Member

16th Oct 06 at 17:06   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The budget ones are often made by a bigger company, but with a slightly different compound, so they dont last as long, or grip as well...

The reason they want to sell you something cheaper, is because they will have a tyre which they get cheaper than anywhere else.

If you look around, they'll probably have posters, or uniforms, with that brand on.

Where I used to work, we could get Hankook at about half the price of Mich, so we could do better deals on them, and they were infact, nearly as good.

With Michelin, you're paying a premium for the name, same as buying an Audi over a Skoda.

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Tyre Prices + General Rant 23 database queries in 0.0110409 seconds