corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » Drogba says he's better than Henry

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Drogba says he's better than Henry
Jamie Walby

User status: Offline
   25th Nov 06 at 08:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Heard this on SSN this morning.

Apparently hes quoted as sayng this in one of the papers. I dont know how true it is or whether what he said was taken out of context.

He has been on form this season but is he better? IMO no.
Russ

25th Nov 06 at 09:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yes and no. ruud is the best striker in the world in th 18yard box, but hes not better than henry.
Jamie Walby

25th Nov 06 at 10:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ruud has scored a fair few outside the box (just) for Real this season.
Jules

25th Nov 06 at 10:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Henry is the best striker in the world for me.
vaux-tech

25th Nov 06 at 12:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

drogba= good striker.
henry= fantastic passer, great vision, gets back to defend, frightening pace and better striker of the ball than anyone in the prem!
Rob_Quads

25th Nov 06 at 15:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Drogba has shown he is a very good striker but he needs to continue at his current level for the next 2/3/4 years to be compared to someone of the likes of Henry who has been on the top of his game for quite a few years

Although is in a bit of a lul at the moment - Wish I could have a lul and still be joint 4th top scorer in the league.

[Edited on 25-11-2006 by Rob_Quads]
Hammer

25th Nov 06 at 15:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

he was talking about a computer game and said why hadn't the programmers made him as good as henry since he had been better than him this season.

It's actually true, but it's all tongue in cheek
Rob_Quads

25th Nov 06 at 16:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

all makes sense.

it does take the piss the way the press twist words. I remember watching the Beckham documentary where he was talking to Tim Lovejoy and the most innocent of little comments about being obsessive about something( can't remember what it was) and suddenly the next days papers were full of pages all about how he had OCD with lots of things and going mad etc etc
Mather.16v

25th Nov 06 at 16:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

form is tempory, class is timeless
Hammer

25th Nov 06 at 16:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Rob_Quads
all makes sense.

it does take the piss the way the press twist words. I remember watching the Beckham documentary where he was talking to Tim Lovejoy and the most innocent of little comments about being obsessive about something( can't remember what it was) and suddenly the next days papers were full of pages all about how he had OCD with lots of things and going mad etc etc

he had to have his cans in the fridge packed neatly or something? yeah i remember that it turned into him needing to do a million things before he did anything

Tabloid newspapers are only good for 1 thing, wrapping up chips.
Cosmo

25th Nov 06 at 17:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

he has had a good start to the season, but lets see him do it consistantly for 5+ season and then Id say he is as good but not better!
Cavey

25th Nov 06 at 17:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

As someone said, on current form most strikers are better than Henry

Henry is probably the most complete striker in the world. Drogba at the moment, probably would be classed as being better than Henry (the fact henry's out injured will help with that )
chris-sri

25th Nov 06 at 19:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

That has just made my day. One word springs to mind

DELUDED
Hammer

26th Nov 06 at 01:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I think the idiots are missing the point here, Drogba does not think or hasn't said he is better than Henry
Cosmo

26th Nov 06 at 09:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Hammer
I think the idiots are missing the point here, Drogba does not think or hasn't said he is better than Henry

"I relax when I play computer games," explained Drogba. "I have fun playing as Henry and shooting wide of the goal! I'm kidding.

"It just seems my virtual copy doesn't play as well as the Henry character - although in real life, especially this season, I'm better than him."

[Edited on 26-11-2006 by Cosmo]
Robbo

26th Nov 06 at 10:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Cosmo
he has had a good start to the season, but lets see him do it consistantly for 5+ season and then Id say he is as good but not better!
If he wants to be better than henry he needs to do it consistently at around 30 a year for 7 years

[Edited on 26-11-2006 by Robbo]
Cosmo

26th Nov 06 at 11:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Robbo
30 a year for 7 years

exactly, he isnt even going to get that many this season, let alone over a number of them!

He is living in a dream world along with half of the Chelsea squad (as they sit there on 100k a week contracts not playing!)
Robbo

26th Nov 06 at 11:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Aye like Bridge and SWP!
Cosmo

26th Nov 06 at 11:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Aye like Bridge and SWP!

Yup. Still cant believe Bridge signed a new deal, such a waste of a quality full back, who if he went to a top side (like he could) would of been pushing Cole for his England place. Now he has no chance unless Cole gets injured.
Robbo

26th Nov 06 at 12:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Tis a cock! Altho I see SWP is in demand from WHU... sounds quite serious as well! Hes far too good for them tho (no disrespect!) but he could easily start for Arsenal/Pool/Man utd!
Melville

26th Nov 06 at 18:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

None of the above are a patch on Shearer

I heard from the chiefs sports writer of the Newcastle Evening Chonricle, at a talk in, that we have agreed terms with Bridge. I was really excited by this but turns out it must be a load of crap as hes just signed the new deal.

SWP also needs to move on but Ive heard big Wrighty say that SWP has made the right decission and should stay at Chelski even though hes losing his England place because of it.
Robbo

26th Nov 06 at 19:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Henry is better than Shearer IMO... scored almost as many (give him more time and will burst his record) and he assists far more and general play is spellbinding!
Nath

26th Nov 06 at 19:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

But put Shearer in a title challenging side and he'd have better stats still.
Eck
Premium Member

26th Nov 06 at 20:05   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Henry is better than Shearer IMO... scored almost as many (give him more time and will burst his record) and he assists far more and general play is spellbinding!

No chance. Henry is an awesome player yes, but he will NEVER be the finisher that Shearer was.

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » Drogba says he's better than Henry 24 database queries in 0.0152459 seconds