corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Speedo Gone on Corsa B

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Speedo Gone on Corsa B
Gaz F

User status: Offline
30th Nov 06 at 16:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Right folks, my mates speedo counter has stopped working on his 1999 Vauxhall Corsa B, 1.2 16v .... are these cable or electronic ?

If electronic, how can i fix this, i know you need a new resistor if its electronic, but what needs taken out and so on .... thanks!!
Hamish

30th Nov 06 at 19:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I know that they are electronic. Is it just the speedo that has stopped working? because it could just be a fuse. Maybe trying to clean the connectors that the speedo connects into?
gavin18787
Premium Member

30th Nov 06 at 19:57   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i cleaned the connectors on my electric one behind the dash and checked the driver on the gearbox and cleaned the connectors there as well. That solved the problem for me

Not too hard to take the dash off so give it a shot and have a look around. this is what you will see if its an electric one:

here is the part where the driver is on the gear box. Its on the top by the slector arm thingy. Put the car into reverse to more the are out of the way for better acsess

(its the plug with the blue wire)

Drives supercharged Tec with torque

New Poll