corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Engine Rebuilds

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Engine Rebuilds
Mark330d

User status: Offline
4th Dec 06 at 23:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

How much am i looking at to for someone to rebuild my engine including parts etc? I am a trainee mechanic myself but i havent been doing it for too long so i dont really wana risk trying it myself. The Engine is a 1.7 Turbo Diesel Cavalier Engine. I want everything stripped down and all seals and bearings replaced and a new turbo fitted.

Any ideas on how much this would cost?

thanks alot
m.
jamesvalver

5th Dec 06 at 00:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

im an apprentice mechanic myself and this is the best way to learn by far!!! im currently completely rebuilding a c20xe
Mark330d

5th Dec 06 at 00:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

aye i plan on rebuilding the engine that im taking out of the car. But i dont want to chance fecking up my good engine.
Robin
Premium Member

5th Dec 06 at 02:48   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

mate, it's EASY with an old engine like that.

get loads of drip trays, or tupperware pots together, and take things off in order, top to bottom.

then when you come back to rebuilding, it's all layed out so you know where everything goes

if the diesel engines are anything like the old nova 8v lumps, you'll have it stripped down within a few hours, and then you'll know what you're doing.
Mark330d

5th Dec 06 at 16:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

aye i think im gona take it into college and do it there if its alright with the head of department.

thanks for the advice guys.

New Poll