corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Corsa Steering Rack & suspension Questions

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Corsa Steering Rack & suspension Questions
Ben D

User status: Offline
6th Dec 06 at 00:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

OK my M reg Corsa SRi (Ecotec) failed its MOT last week due to Excessive freeplay detected at the steering rack & my Suspension springs were too short and fell out of my shockers when the car was lifted.

I have been offered a full steering rack with PAs pump rad & pipes(thought i might aswel add PAs while the racks being done as i wanted it adding anyway) out of 1.216v Wreg(2000) Corsa aswell as the Suspension legs & springs, BUT in 1997 they revised the corsa so i am unsure whether the suspension is the same or if i can use the rack in the newer car??

Thank You in Advance
Benji

[Edited on 06-12-2006 by benji_2k5]
Ian
Site Administrator

User status: Online
6th Dec 06 at 01:06   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Rack is the same I think, but you might have problems mounting the pump, you might need engine mounts from the donor.

Suspension - you only need the springs? I'm assuming you were running lowering springs on standard dampers?
Robin
Premium Member

6th Dec 06 at 02:20   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

a 2000 plate 1.2 16v should be EPS, not fluid PAS with a pump :S
Ben D

6th Dec 06 at 11:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ian
Rack is the same I think, but you might have problems mounting the pump, you might need engine mounts from the donor.

Suspension - you only need the springs? I'm assuming you were running lowering springs on standard dampers?

Yes when i bought it it had lowering springs on standard dampers

quote:
Originally posted by Robin
a 2000 plate 1.2 16v should be EPS, not fluid PAS with a pump :S

EPS? is that electric power steering? if so will it still fit?

[Edited on 06-12-2006 by benji_2k5]

New Poll