corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » The Death of Football?

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author The Death of Football?
Nath

User status: Offline
6th Dec 06 at 23:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Cosmo
BTW- What I was trying to say there was that if you were going to have controlled standing terraces now they wuld have to be ALOT smaller than in the past...which defiets the idea of having them really!

Aye your not wrong, still would hold slightly more than seats, but nothing like in the 70's and 80's.
Cosmo

6th Dec 06 at 23:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Nath
Definately harder to do at places the size of Anfield, but at the likes of Kenilworth Road and similar sized stadiums it'd be easy. It'd also raise a shit load more money.

FC Koln have it sussed

Yeah, at smaller stadiums it is def possible, and probably would be perfectly fine.
Russ

7th Dec 06 at 00:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

its the wankers who charge 27 quid to watch fukin wolves who ruin football, how the fuck can they justify that shit
Nath

7th Dec 06 at 00:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Russ
its the wankers who charge 27 quid to watch fukin wolves who ruin football, how the fuck can they justify that shit

I paid £30 to go to Selhurst Park last season

Second Tier of the English game costs more than all the highest tiers in other European Countries.
Russ

7th Dec 06 at 00:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

you can sit in cheap seats at nou camp for 35 euros, how can they charge 30quid at selhurst park.
Hammer

7th Dec 06 at 00:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Folk are willing to pay for it otherwise it would be less
Nath

7th Dec 06 at 00:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Mental isn't it.
Robbo

7th Dec 06 at 10:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

To be fair though... Championship football is better than most top leagues IMO incl. some Serie A (but not all i.e. Inter, Roma etc!)

Also, absolute bullshit what Cavey is saying... real fans will always get a season ticket and get to every game regardless of cost very hard to get a seaosn ticket at the big clubs and for me, it costs me £100 to go to an Arsenal game (almost incl travel etc.) so I blatently am not going to go to that many games, doesnt make me any less of a supporte thoguh
Nath

7th Dec 06 at 10:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The English Championship is definately a top quality league, some games are better than Premiership games. Plus the fact anyone can beat anyone (see Luton's result last weekend ). But the prices are still too high.

Nath

7th Dec 06 at 10:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

And yeah, i've only managed 4 games this season, definately doesn't make me any less of a supporter. Especially as the games were:

Wolerhampton away
Barnsley away
Everton away
Leeds at home.

[Edited on 07-12-2006 by Nath]
Robbo

7th Dec 06 at 11:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Aye! I go to as many England games as poss but not always poss due to exams still etc!
Danny P

7th Dec 06 at 17:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Cosmo
Larger fan base due to games being shown more on TV, shirts being available around the globe, fans who had previously never been able to get to the games now following most on them on TV/Online, etc.

Thats all well and good for the bigger teams in the country, but what about the smaller clubs for example. Walk round any town centre that has a team playing in the lower leagues these days and you will see Man Utd, Liverpool, Chelsea, Arsenal etc shirts everywhere, will be difficult to spot a shirt from that particular town. Back in the day these people would be supporting their local club instead of some team they've probably never seen play

Football has become too "hollywood" IMO. Most players are too bothered about which club will pay them the most money and where there next sponsership deal is coming from. or which celebrity wife they can marry. Chairman coming from here there and everywhere taking this piss by asking ordinary working class folk to pay throught the nose to see a team they have probs been watching for years, when these people cant afford to go anymore do they care? Do they fuck, as long as there is a bum on the seat there happy. Will that person still be there in a few years if/when things start to go wrong. I doubt it, it will be left to the normal fan to come and bail them out of the shit

But like already said, until people start to revoke against things like this it wont change. Football is a bif part of people lives and its hard to walk away from something you love
Cavey

8th Dec 06 at 17:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Robbo
Also, absolute bullshit what Cavey is saying... real fans will always get a season ticket and get to every game regardless of cost very hard to get a seaosn ticket at the big clubs and for me, it costs me £100 to go to an Arsenal game (almost incl travel etc.) so I blatently am not going to go to that many games, doesnt make me any less of a supporte thoguh

tbf, My comment was aimed more at lower leagues for the season ticket thing. Crewe season ticket is something like £300 per season, so obviously that's a bit more viable.

I can't talk anyway really i've only been to 1 Crewe game in the last few seasons (Away at Derby) because i live in Derby and work weekends. Still support them more than most people who even live in Crewe just can't get to the games
J da Silva

8th Dec 06 at 17:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Imagine how I struggle to make every Corinthians game....
Jamie Walby

8th Dec 06 at 17:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Jizinho Silva 10
Imagine how I struggle to make every Corinthians game....

Well a real fan would find a way to make it to those games.

Besides, its only, what, 12 hours on a plane

J da Silva

8th Dec 06 at 18:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

9-10, I spend over 100hours a year on planes Ghey.

Mind you I tune and watch the games over Globo.com so I never miss one.

[Edited on 08-12-2006 by Jizinho Silva 10]

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » The Death of Football? 24 database queries in 0.0171940 seconds