corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » boat - like handling

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author boat - like handling
corsa_nation

User status: Offline
18th Dec 06 at 21:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Howdy i've been driving a 106 gti recently, and going back to my standard corsa sport feels like a small boat when trying to steer round certain obstacles.... would coilovers do the trick? what do people recommend??
AK

18th Dec 06 at 21:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

coilovers seem to be thought of as the be all and end all of suspension.

I'd rather decent fixed height suspension over ok/crap height adjustable coilovers.

How many people really adjust the ride heaight with coilovers once they have a height they like? (normally WAY too low)

[Edited on 18-12-2006 by AK]
Dean_W

18th Dec 06 at 21:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Best bet is Bilstein.
Cupra Steve
Banned

18th Dec 06 at 21:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

can't polish a turd!!!

no sorry, it would obviously improve the handling alot, and some people say theirs handle very well, my only exp is my mate had a 1.2 on coilies so ok it was like it was on rails but there wasn't enough power to even test them!!!!!
Robin
Premium Member

18th Dec 06 at 21:56   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Billies/Konis are the way to go.
Cupra Steve
Banned

18th Dec 06 at 21:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by AK

I'd rather decent fixed height suspension over ok/crap height adjustable coilovers.

How many people really adjust the ride heaight with coilovers once they have a height they like? (normally WAY too low)

yeah but thats not really what coilovers are, all my mate had em for was for the fact they were height adjustable, never even touched all the other adjustments!!! I always stick to the fixed ride height suspension as i think they're probably better for the road.
corsa_nation

18th Dec 06 at 21:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

How did they affect the handling from standard on your corsa?
Robin
Premium Member

18th Dec 06 at 21:58   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Cupra Steve
yeah but thats not really what coilovers are

coilover means the coil, is OVER the damper piston.
AK

18th Dec 06 at 21:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Cupra Steve
quote:
Originally posted by AK

yeah but thats not really what coilovers are, all my mate had em for was for the fact they were height adjustable, never even touched all the other adjustments!!! I always stick to the fixed ride height suspension as i think they're probably better for the road.

excuse me?

You can get coilovers that are non rate adjustable rebound/dampning.... non camber adjustable etc.

Coilovers are height adjustable.... thats all.... the rest is extra, and can be had on fixed heights too

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » boat - like handling 23 database queries in 0.0094070 seconds