corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Geek Day » New Windows Media Player Update slowing machine down......

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author New Windows Media Player Update slowing machine down......
corb

User status: Offline
24th Dec 06 at 12:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I had an automatic update of Windows Media Player the other day, and now when its running, like watching videos off the hard drive etc, its really jumpy, it'll freeze for a few seconds then the bit it needs to cath up on will play really quickly to get back to where its supposed to be.

Not only that, if its playing music while I'm using the net, the mouse doesnt always respond properly, stops, then jumps across the screen.

REALLY annoying, does anyone know why its doing this? P.C. is only a year old from Dell, so not like its an old, crap machine.

Cheers, Corb.
Dan295

24th Dec 06 at 12:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

new windows media player frankly its sh1t. convert back to the old one, its possible or take that massive jump across to itunes
corb

24th Dec 06 at 12:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

how can i go back to the old one?
John

24th Dec 06 at 14:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Should be able to uninstall the update in add or remove programs in the control panel.

New media player isn't shit, its very good actually and its just some specific problem in corbs case.

Why would you want to use a really bad bit of software like itunes instead
abdus

24th Dec 06 at 14:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

many it has to do with your codecs, corb. I really like the new WMP. much nicer
Dom

24th Dec 06 at 16:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Dan295
new windows media player frankly its sh1t. convert back to the old one, its possible or take that massive jump across to itunes

yea the new version is a bit dodgy, had similar problems here. But i certainly WOULDN'T use itunes, it runs crud on macs let alone a pc

Personally i would recommend that you use VLC....its not as flashy as media player, but it plays a lot more formats straight out of the box (as it were), it's small and it's FREE

New Poll