corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Polo GTi or 106 GTi

Poll: Polo GTi or 106 GTi
Polo 52 (68.42%)
Pug 24 (31.58%)

New Poll
  <<  8    9    10    11  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Polo GTi or 106 GTi
Carl

User status: Offline
27th Dec 06 at 19:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Colin
Not really a fan of the 306, everyone I know thats owned one has moaned about it, the guy that bought my MR2 said his GTi-6 broke alot....Golf theres a few Mk4 2L GTi's in price range but ive been told there slow

yeah true, only problem with the golf is as said, they arn't upto much. Still want a gtTDi mk4 for my next car though, with a little remap. that will do for me. Economy and decent speed, can't lose. Like you say i drive swiftly ever now and again but don't go about trying to set unoffical lap records. Might sound broing but defo route i'm taking modern TD's are the future.
The Fonz

27th Dec 06 at 19:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

here's my views on this. Im a tech at a vw garage but am in no way bias infact there hugely over priced and over rated by alot of people. As far as this pole goes if you want a nippy little car for overall performance per pound buy the 106. If you want a reliable, trustworthy, well built car that is still fun to drive but not as quick but will hold its value better buy the polo. I know both cars quite well and if i was making the choice it would be the polo. get more toys in them too, like xenon light, climate control etc.
Steve
Premium Member

27th Dec 06 at 19:51   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

hello the fonz
The Fonz

27th Dec 06 at 19:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

how do sir.
Nic Barnes

27th Dec 06 at 19:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by The Fonz
here's my views on this. Im a tech at a vw garage but am in no way bias infact there hugely over priced and over rated by alot of people. As far as this pole goes if you want a nippy little car for overall performance per pound buy the 106. If you want a reliable, trustworthy, well built car that is still fun to drive but not as quick but will hold its value better buy the polo. I know both cars quite well and if i was making the choice it would be the polo. get more toys in them too, like xenon light, climate control etc.

a more than sensible way to look at it indeed. makes a lot more sense than some of the utter crap posted elsewhere in this thread.

this site could do with people who know what theyre on about posting more, and maxpower kids to, i dunno, go to tescos and do wheelies
Charlene

29th Dec 06 at 15:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Just dont buy french, simple, ive had 2 saxo and both have cost me a fortune in repairs :@

Polos are better then 106gtis anyday
SetH

29th Dec 06 at 15:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

if i were 18-21 i would love the 106, the drivers car aspect of it would appeal to me, i would be chucking it around bends, driving like an arse and probably dying from the lift off oversteer which i managed to twice in my rallye.

Now that im getting old, if i wanted a hot or warm hatch as a runabout the polo GTi would be hard pressed to beat, I think they look awesome, full leather and climate would be good, and the solid build quality and reliability would win me over.
MarkM

29th Dec 06 at 18:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Carl
quote:
Originally posted by Colin
Not really a fan of the 306, everyone I know thats owned one has moaned about it, the guy that bought my MR2 said his GTi-6 broke alot....Golf theres a few Mk4 2L GTi's in price range but ive been told there slow

modern TD's are the future.

Yeeesss
MarkM

29th Dec 06 at 18:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Koling

I have owned one french car in my time...a 306...it was horrible...

Your the same age as me and im sure our tastes in what we want from a car are the same...what Fad said is right...you want something reliable...will have a decent resale value...is quite rare...looks good...and is quick...the VW ticks all the boxes..

Leave the 106 to the 18-21 year olds...

Steve
Premium Member

29th Dec 06 at 18:23   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by MarkM
Koling

I have owned one french car in my time...a 306...it was horrible...

Your the same age as me and im sure our tastes in what we want from a car are the same...what Fad said is right...you want something reliable...will have a decent resale value...is quite rare...looks good...and is quick...the VW ticks all the boxes..

Leave the 106 to the 18-21 year olds...

im 25 and i would find a polo gti boring so i choose to downgrade in termsof build quality and luxury for a 106gti, should i not own the 106gti, or have the opinion it is a btter car for me at least as that is what im wanting, something cheap and fun~?
SetH

29th Dec 06 at 18:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

steven you are a boy racer, if i were a 16yr old girl my fanneh would be moist.

<<  8    9    10    11  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Polo GTi or 106 GTi 23 database queries in 0.0186400 seconds