corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Geek Day » Quick money in Test Drive Unlimited (only look if interested)

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Quick money in Test Drive Unlimited (only look if interested)
Ren

User status: Offline
1st Jan 07 at 21:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Saw a few people asking, and well this is how you do it.
First you must get to the champion rank. Do this by getting 450 achievement points in the game. Once you've done this, there should be a race unlocked in the middle of the island called "180mph in heavy traffic". Get the fastest car you have, and start the challenge.

As soon as you begin, do a 180 turn, and drive along the hard shoulder till you get to 180mph. Depending on what car you have, it should take 14-24 seconds... and you earn a cool 70,000. You can retry this challenge as many times as you like, and get up to a million in just under 10 minutes more or less.

Atari have discovered people using this method, and have released a patch which makes the sliding MPH bar at the side have a four second delay to your speedo - so you'll actually have to drive faster then 180mph, or keep a constant speed for an extra four seconds... which is a bitch on this stage. I've found a way to cheat this system mind... once you reach 180mph, pause the game - wait about 3 seconds and unpause. The game will update instantly, and you wont have to worry about hitting anything before the bar catches up.

Oh and for anyone who hasnt reached the champion level, you can do the same tactic with the "170mph in heavy traffic" at the bottom of the island. You only get 15k per race, but its better then nothing. Happy new year all
Ren

1st Jan 07 at 22:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

And for anyone else who wants to know, the fastest car in the game is the Koenigsegg CCR (download car from XBL marketplace). The Saleen S7 has the fastest acceleration, but when the S7 tops out at 250-255MPH, the CCR keeps going untill 290MPH. Pretty handy to know if you're always on the dragstrip online, and its crowded with S7s. The Ferrari Enzo has better handling then both of these mind, and is easier to control if you're doing races.

BTW this is with all 3 cars on Stage 3 tuning. I should know btw, i have nearly every car in the game

[Edited on 01-01-2007 by Ren]
Swiftay

1st Jan 07 at 22:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

theres a whole big thread under this one
Ren

1st Jan 07 at 22:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I know, but most of it just seems to be banter atm. Like i said in the topic title though, only open the thread if you're interested in learning bout the money trick.

New Poll