corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Corsa help , windows and tacho

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Corsa help , windows and tacho
Pengoo

User status: Offline
5th Jan 07 at 21:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hi guys , hope you can help me . not had a corsa before , as i have had a few VEC's , but did own novas ..
Anyway got a Four door opel Club for my wife and allready want to add toys to it ,(i know it's not a two door ) but i wish to add electric windows to it all round (if they ever made them with these)
Do the kit from a two door fit into them ....(not a prob with the wire etc ,did all my own nova etc )
Plus want to add a REV counter as my right foot is too hard down ..lol ..so need to know when it may go bang ....lol..
Was told that i need some sort of box to read the rev etc ? ..not like the old cars on the coil ...lol ..

A great site and hope to be on more with pic etc of the car as i get it fixed up for her ..

[Edited on 05-01-2007 by Pengoo]
Pengoo

5th Jan 07 at 21:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Forgot to say it is a X12xe in the front ...
ed

5th Jan 07 at 21:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Electric windows is a right mare of a job to do. You need to wiring looms, motors and switches from another 5 door Corsa with electric windows. There is a tutorail in the FAQ section which should tell you how to fit them to the car.

You can get some clocks with a rev counter on them. Though I'm suprised your car doesn't have a rev counter already. Because of this I would assume cour current clocks are cable driven. You will need some clocks from a Corsa with a cable driven speedo and a rev counter. These ought to just plug and play, if you are lucky. The way to find out is look for a pea green wire on the wiring loom from the wiring loom for the speedo. If you have one, you are good to go, if not then I don't know what to do becase the 1.2 16v engines take the rev speed from the crank shaft sensor as they don't have a traditional coil system...
Pengoo

6th Jan 07 at 01:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Cheers ED .
Well as for the widows ,yep did all the same on the vec and nova , so not a prob to do just time ...
As for teh rev counter ,yes i have a chance to get a set from an old GSI ,but not looked behind them yet as for the green wire .sorted ,will check .
More info 5 door opel ,club 12 cc on a V reg , so even i thought it may have a rev clock in it ,but was let down ,soon as she passes her test (if ever ) then can get hold of a 3 door to play with ,as just finished putting a Z20 LET on a F28 into my vec so now want another toy to play with ...lol ..Thanks again Ed

New Poll