corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » Beckham

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Beckham
Mad Moe

User status: Offline
11th Jan 07 at 16:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Cant really fault the bloke for wanting to secure his future. £40M/year is too good to refuse, plus it'll raise his profile in America like he has wanted to do for years,
Rob_Quads

11th Jan 07 at 16:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I thinks its a bloody good move. OK he may be playing with some poor players over there but the fact is he could retire now already. Another 5 years or pissing about with his acadamy and then £128 million better off. No way could a team other than Chelksi competed with that.
whitter45

11th Jan 07 at 16:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

top move to promote his academy etc in amaerica to secure work after his football career has finished

I'm sure Psoh was the brains behind this

She may be fuck all but she certianly has a business head
Marc

11th Jan 07 at 16:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

She just wants to mingle with the stars.
shawboy

11th Jan 07 at 16:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

its 250 million over 5 years, thats half a million a week.
Ojc

11th Jan 07 at 16:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

£492,000 a week, today David Beckham dropped down in my estimations. He could have played in the Premiership still, yet he goes there to earn more money that god, its pathetic.
Jamie Walby

11th Jan 07 at 16:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Marc
She just wants to mingle with the stars.

Nice house in the hills of Hollywood........good point Marc.
Jamie Walby

11th Jan 07 at 16:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ojc
£492,000 a week, today David Beckham dropped down in my estimations. He could have played in the Premiership still, yet he goes there to earn more money that god, its pathetic.

Why? If someone offered me lots of money to do what I do now in another country Id do it.
Eck
Premium Member

11th Jan 07 at 17:03   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Why does he need the money though? He is already one of the highest earning British sportsmen. And if he went back to the premiership, he wouldn't be making buttons.
Danny P

11th Jan 07 at 17:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ojc

It doesn't really matter how much he gets as he could play for free. He's now got so much money he,his wife and kids will NEVER be able to spend it.

Think he's just taken the easy option so he can stay out of the British overkill media spotlight and wouldn't be surprised if Posh had put the brakes on him coming back to England.

From a financial, lifestyle and quality of life point of view it's a great deal but from a football point of view it's the final nail in the coffin as golden boy's career has slid down the pan, firstly losing his England place and then his Real Madrid one. No way back for him on the football front now but Beckham media darling maybe...
Marc

11th Jan 07 at 17:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by shawboy
its 250 million over 5 years, thats half a million a week.

£128 million.
antscorsa

11th Jan 07 at 17:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i tink hes made the right move, coming to england he would of been hounded so much by the press, any slight bad games he played woudl result in monumental abuse.
i dnt think its about the money for him, his agents do that and as agents do they try and get the most for their clients.
Hammer

11th Jan 07 at 17:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Danny P
quote:
Originally posted by Ojc

It doesn't really matter how much he gets as he could play for free. He's now got so much money he,his wife and kids will NEVER be able to spend it.

Untrue, by that logic any businessman should stop once they have made enough money to live comfortably?

Poor footballing decision, good business one, almost certainly fuelled by his wife and his advisers.
Nismo

11th Jan 07 at 17:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I might buy him.
Marc

11th Jan 07 at 17:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Marc
Probably, we all know hes signing a new contract at Real!!

Well that told me!!
Danny P

11th Jan 07 at 18:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Hammer
quote:
Originally posted by Danny P
quote:
Originally posted by Ojc

Untrue, by that logic any businessman should stop once they have made enough money to live comfortably?

Im not saying he should stop playing, im saying that the club that was going to pay him the most money wont really matter to him, as it probably wouldnt have been a factor in his decision. The quality of life, business opertunities etc will have been a bigger pull to him than how much he will have been paid.
chris-sri

11th Jan 07 at 18:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I think this is a shame but would he want to play for anyone other than United in the prem. When you look at the other players from that special team who have left to play for others in the prem (Nicky Butt) for example they have never been the same. At least this way the premiership will remember Beckham as a very special Manchester United player. I personally think if it weren't for his fucking wife he'd never have left in the first place and he'd have won a lot more.
Mad Moe

11th Jan 07 at 18:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Let's be honest if you were in his shoes would you really want to come back our rapidly declining nation and press when he can live the high life and actually enjoy time with his family in the US
John

11th Jan 07 at 18:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If somebody offered me half a million a week I wouldn't go somewhere that offered me a tenth of that, or a fifth etc.

Neither would any of the planks that said they would.
Nath

11th Jan 07 at 18:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'm not sure how anyone can blame him for leaving for LA Galaxy. 'Soccer' in the Us will become huge now and thats why he gets £128,000,000 for going. World Cup USA94 didn't work, but this will.

If I were offered £500,000 per week to play for LA Galaxy, or £50k(ish) per week to play for West Ham/Bolton...... Well i'd not be in this country thats for sure.
Russ

11th Jan 07 at 19:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

half a million a week and a house next to jennifer love hewitt/elish cuthbert.
chris-sri

11th Jan 07 at 19:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Russ
half a million a week and a house next to jennifer love hewitt/elish cuthbert.

Well when you put it like that
Colin

11th Jan 07 at 20:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

He would never return to the English game, premiership would want 100% commitment from him towards his football & he could never offer that, what with all his other projects. That was the reason he fell out with Alex ferguson & left for Real Madrid. He will have 5 years playing in LA, build up his name in the US then sit back & make even more money without having to kick a ball at the weekends.

Beckham's a product, a business now not a footballer!!!

Play for free, why does he need the money, pathetic??? Oh please stop, he may sound a bit thick on press interviews but I ensure you he's not.....hes earning a bloody fortune being him.

[Edited on 11-01-2007 by Colin]

<<  1    2    3  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » Beckham 24 database queries in 0.0187070 seconds