corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » removing rust

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author removing rust
corsa_driver

User status: Offline
17th Jan 07 at 12:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i seem to have a build up of rust on the boot of my corsa, just below the rear window seal. i take it that the water seems to hang there.

anyone know of a way of removing the rust, or stopping it?
12vMatt

17th Jan 07 at 12:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

sand it back to bare metal, apply rust eater stuff (go to motor factors or halfords), fill any holes then repaint
ed

17th Jan 07 at 12:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You might need the glass out as I have noticed that rust in those kinds of areas will go all the way up to the window adhesive and sometimes under it. You can gind it back by just pulling the rubber out, and getting tight in, sometimes thats enough, somtimes you need to get a bit deeper...

New Poll