corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Corsa B SXi 1.2 16v cutting out

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Corsa B SXi 1.2 16v cutting out
Zink

User status: Offline
18th Jan 07 at 14:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hello everyone this is my 1st post here but I have been browsing the site for a while and have found is very helpful full of info

Anyway, I was wondering if you guys can give me some advice. I bought the wife an SXi a few months ago everything worked fine until last week it cut out it traffic several times. Had the AA man round and he said crank sensor fault so I changed it myself then it ran ok for a few days until today when it cut out again. Does anyone know what it could be? egr/idle valve perhaps? I intend to give it a full service over the weekend but I'm thinking it must be a sensor fault or something. Anyone know if it's possible to do the paperclip test on the X12XE like I do on my Vectra?

Thanks in advance

Zink
Iain M

18th Jan 07 at 14:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Help zone fella
Kif

18th Jan 07 at 14:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Its more than likely the air flow meter.

Not much from a scrap yard or i have one spare
mwg

18th Jan 07 at 14:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You can't do the paper clip test on the X12XE.

I've had this problem a few times with mine. 1st time was Crank Shaft Sensor, then had AFM, ICV and a few others. I've forgotten which ones I've had

Only real way to find out whats wrong is to get it to Vauxhall and put on Tech2
Zink

18th Jan 07 at 14:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Cheers fellas. It's already starting to sound like the faults I had on my Vectra, crank sensor, knock sensor, cam sensor, maf sensor, icv! I wanted her to get the vw polo instead
vauxhallcorsa1.2

20th Jan 07 at 21:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

it sounds exactly what happened to my 1.2 16v ls took it to the garage and they changed the air flow meter 3 months ago never had a problem since never has it run so good

New Poll