corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Fiesta ST

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Fiesta ST
CorsaLaydee

User status: Offline
22nd Jan 07 at 18:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I reckon the fiesta will hold its value better than the astra and their gorrgeous!
What about a honda civic type R?
corsa_godfather

22nd Jan 07 at 18:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

they go for too much new.had a look at them yesterday
mikenoncorsa

22nd Jan 07 at 18:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I've got a fiesta ST, blue with white side decals and i love it. Whoever said slower than a gti/vts obviously hasn't driven one. I'm not saying there the quickest in the world but better than those! Most new shape ones are over 150bhp also, ask broster about the fiestastoc.com rr day at jamsport. Nice cars overall. i love mine.
cash_2_my_corsa

22nd Jan 07 at 18:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

saw 1 goin rnd cadwell + it looked slow even tho the guy was givin it sum still got passed by pug 205s lol
liamcorsa

22nd Jan 07 at 19:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Go for the st, but look on pistonheads classifieds, they usually have a fair few for bloody good money.

http://www.pistonheads.com/sales/

[Edited on 22-01-2007 by liamcorsa]
deano87

22nd Jan 07 at 19:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

CooperS just for superior build quality etc BUT servicing costs etd I'd say would be more expensive - for a Works kitted one you probably won't get one younger than 3 years old.

From what I saw on Top Gear (yes I know it's Top Gear), the C2 VTS managed to keep up with the Fiesta ST150, and the insurance group is less.
corsa_godfather

22nd Jan 07 at 19:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

im not too bothered about how fast etc as i dont really have a lead foot.
paulocutts

22nd Jan 07 at 19:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

My brother has an ST brand new from ford since late summer last year, so far its been back:

Twice for a new seat the leather had a scar in it, took 2 attempts for them to change it

4 times for the rear light cluster, it was loose they kept sayin they had repaired it but it was a broken bracket. Once they tried to put some putty in it!!

New exhaust the chrome flaked off

and

currently since about a month ago he has no stereo as the cd changer eat 6 cds, apparently they have to send it away so he has no stereo.

So thats quite a lot and 3 complaints to the management.

But then again he could just be unlucky

[Edited on 22-01-2007 by paulocutts]
Paul_J

22nd Jan 07 at 19:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by mikenoncorsa
I've got a fiesta ST, blue with white side decals and i love it. Whoever said slower than a gti/vts obviously hasn't driven one. I'm not saying there the quickest in the world but better than those! Most new shape ones are over 150bhp also, ask broster about the fiestastoc.com rr day at jamsport. Nice cars overall. i love mine.

have you even driven a gti / vts?

before I even cammed my gti ... (when it made 141.5 bhp on the rollers) - I raced a Fiesta ST and it was no competition... Through 2nd I absolutely left the Fiesta ST, and then through 3rd I kept pulling away. they were trying too as I spoke to them after.

Fiesta ST = heavy car... 150 bhp yes, but it's lazy.

Would be interested on what they do the 1/4 mile in, I'd guess at over 16 secs.
deano87

22nd Jan 07 at 19:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by corsa_godfather
im not too bothered about how fast etc as i dont really have a lead foot.

Fair enough, Fiesta ST it is then!

I like the Zetec S versions (because I'm 19 and can get insured on them) plus they do a tasty Zetec S diesel van!

deano87

22nd Jan 07 at 19:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by paulocutts
My brother has an ST brand new from ford since late summer last year, so far its been back:

Twice for a new seat the leather had a scar in it, took 2 attempts for them to change it

4 times for the rear light cluster, it was loose they kept sayin they had repaired it but it was a broken bracket. Once they tried to put some putty in it!!

and

currently since about a month ago he has no stereo as the cd changer eat 6 cds, apparently they have to send it away so he has no stereo.

Sounds like a pretty shite dealership to me too - I'd transfer the warranty.
paulocutts

22nd Jan 07 at 19:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by deano87
quote:
Originally posted by paulocutts

and

Sounds like a pretty shite dealership to me too - I'd transfer the warranty.

Yep me too!! For everyones info its the one at pride park derby!
mikenoncorsa

22nd Jan 07 at 19:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Paul J ---> Never raced one but then if i wanted a race car i would never have brought an ST. I just can't see it beating it and certainly not that easy. Yeah they weigh alot but standard vs standard my money would be on ST. Was ur gti stripped? Was the St? Did ur gti have 17's? Thats what the ST wheels are. Many factors to consider. Plus the toys u can get in them will retain value. I'd have one over a baked bean can gti/vts even if they are slower. O, and never taken it up the strip but there good forsub 16's easy.
Paul_J

22nd Jan 07 at 19:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by mikenoncorsa
Paul J ---> Never raced one but then if i wanted a race car i would never have brought an ST. I just can't see it beating it and certainly not that easy. Yeah they weigh alot but standard vs standard my money would be on ST. Was ur gti stripped? Was the St? Did ur gti have 17's? Thats what the ST wheels are. Many factors to consider. Plus the toys u can get in them will retain value. I'd have one over a baked bean can gti/vts even if they are slower. O, and never taken it up the strip but there good forsub 16's easy.

^^ All irrelevant... You said bottom line... Your Fiesta ST is quicker than vts / gti's, with no actual basis on reality - i.e. you said yourself you've never raced one...

I wasn't saying the gti / vts is the quickest car, just that the Fiesta ST is quite slow considering its 150 bhp and a gti / vts would beat it.

my car was doing 15.3 1/4 mile's in the state it was when it beat the fiesta ST relatively easily, and was RR'd at 141 bhp - with just decat exhaust + filter. Wasn't stripped. On 15" VTS wheels.
Paul_J

22nd Jan 07 at 19:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

For the money of a VTS / GTi - you can't get a Fiesta ST...

For the money you spent on a Fiesta ST, I'd of been looking at clio 182 / 197's.
c20let

22nd Jan 07 at 19:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

crap IMO
nik

22nd Jan 07 at 19:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by deano87
CooperS just for superior build quality etc BUT servicing costs etd I'd say would be more expensive - for a Works kitted one you probably won't get one younger than 3 years old.

From what I saw on Top Gear (yes I know it's Top Gear), the C2 VTS managed to keep up with the Fiesta ST150, and the insurance group is less.

Get one with a TLC pack - free servicing.
BlueCorsa

22nd Jan 07 at 19:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Of that choice, I'd definitely go for a Mini
Lupogti

22nd Jan 07 at 20:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I have a 52 Mini Cooper S Works for sale, black, tints, FSH etc £12000

p.s i can promise you that you will have no problems with many other cars its size
deano87

22nd Jan 07 at 22:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Lupogti
I have a 52 Mini Cooper S Works for sale, black, tints, FSH etc £12000

Pics?

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Fiesta ST 23 database queries in 0.0156231 seconds