corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Transfering number plates from one car to another

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Transfering number plates from one car to another
mobymaster

User status: Offline
24th Jan 07 at 18:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Time has come to invest in another car, but I want to keep my private plate.

What do i do? I want it transfering onto the new car, which im collecting on monday but the log book is not in my name yet.

Can I just go to the dvla office with log book, mot and tax from my existing car, and from the new car and get them to change it there and then, along with updating the new logbook on the new car? Or do I have to fill out 101 forms?

Thanks in advance pplz.

John
Robin
Premium Member

24th Jan 07 at 18:12   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It won't be done there and then, it takes about 2 weeks I think, can't remember from when I did mine, but they don't do it the counter now...

[Edited on 24-01-2007 by Robin]
ed

24th Jan 07 at 18:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

They process all the details over the counter. Then it takes them a few days (took me a week) to issue the new tax disk.
Robin
Premium Member

24th Jan 07 at 18:57   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Not from car to car they don't ed. I went in, they made me fill forms in and take them back to be sent off...

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Transfering number plates from one car to another 23 database queries in 0.0100071 seconds