corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » Kewell targets Barca return

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Kewell targets Barca return
Whittie

User status: Offline
25th Jan 07 at 16:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Liverpool's forgotten man Harry Kewell is hoping to play in the club's upcoming UEFA Champions League games with Barcelona.

The Australian international has been on the sidelines for the whole of the season after picking up groin and foot injuries in last summer's World Cup.

Kewell recently returned to training and has admitted he would be lying if he did not have one eye on the club's mouth-watering ties with Barca.

Liverpool travel to Camp Nou on February 21 and the ex-Leeds man is keen to help The Reds stay in Europe following their recent FA and Carling Cup disappointment.

"I'd be lying if I said I hadn't had a look at the Barcelona games, but I know I've just got to keep working," said Kewell.

"To be honest, I'd be happy to play against anyone right now, because it's been so long since I wore the red shirt.

"But the Barca games are going to be massive and I would like to play a part. The injuries have been so frustrating.

"I know I can still be successful here. All I have to do is get myself fully fit again and get games under my belt."

Original Article

Wondered when he was coming back
Eck
Premium Member

25th Jan 07 at 16:34   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

They're doing better without him just now tbh. No doubt he is a great talent, but he has been plagued with injuries since joining Liverpool and isn't a patch on the man who played for Leeds.
Cosmo

25th Jan 07 at 16:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

he had a good 6 months when he first joined before he got injured, and then he had a good second half to the season last year (year before?).

If he can regain his form that he has shown in the past then that left wing is crying out for him. Garcia is too weak and Gonzalez is still a bit young and raw to play every week. Rafa obviously thinks so aswell as has had chances to get rid in the past and has always kept faith in him.
Eck
Premium Member

25th Jan 07 at 16:51   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I think it was the year before, when he scored a couple of crackers, including that volley from the cross Of course he still has the ability, but he is too prone to injury. As soon as he shows a shade of his talent, he gets crocked.

[Edited on 25-01-2007 by Eckmcmann]
Cosmo

25th Jan 07 at 16:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah it was the year before, as got crocked again in Istanbul
Eck
Premium Member

25th Jan 07 at 17:07   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

About 5-10 minutes in wasn't it? I feel for the lad, as soon as he's back playing great football something goes wrong
Cosmo

25th Jan 07 at 17:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yeah, think it was around 20mins.

It does seem that way, he gets his fitness back, then finds his touch and starts playing well and then goes and gets another injury!
MarkM

25th Jan 07 at 19:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I couldnt care less if he left on a free...

Injuries or no injuries he doesnt have the hunger anymore..

Cosmo

25th Jan 07 at 19:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I dont know how you can say that, he has always got back to some sort of decent form when he has been fit.

Granted he is injury prone and maybe should of got rid of him for that, but you cant question someone who has had so many injuries and is still wiling to try and battle back.
Whittie

25th Jan 07 at 19:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by MarkM
I couldnt care less if he left on a free...

Injuries or no injuries he doesnt have the hunger anymore..

How can you say that? Whenever he's come back he's played the best he can!

And If he doesn't have the hunger anymore WHY does he WANT to play in the barca game?

[Edited on 25-01-2007 by Whittie]
MarkM

25th Jan 07 at 19:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Cosmo
I dont know how you can say that, he has always got back to some sort of decent form when he has been fit.

Granted he is injury prone and maybe should of got rid of him for that, but you cant question someone who has had so many injuries and is still wiling to try and battle back.

As I said injuries or no injuries....he is sitting on a massive contract at Liverpool...around 60k a week...we have not got our moneys worth at all...

Look at Woodgate when he was at Madrid...when he was out for the season he offered his wages back as a sign of respect...I like that...no chance of that from Kewell...

Cosmo

25th Jan 07 at 19:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

A player shouldnt offer them back, he didnt get injured on purpose and isnt trying not to play (alla Druncan Duncan when he played for Everton). Plus clubs are insured against long term injuries and wages.

Are you telling me if you got a bad injury and put on paid sick leave, even though you were willing to work, you would give your money back?
mattwhite

25th Jan 07 at 21:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The kind of player Liverpool need on the left at the moment.

If he can get a couple of games in before the Barca game then i think he might be in with a chance of starting.
Cosmo

25th Jan 07 at 21:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by mattwhite
The kind of player Liverpool need on the left at the moment.

If he can get a couple of games in before the Barca game then i think he might be in with a chance of starting.

Yeah, I was speaking to some guys at the game the other day saying he is what we need at the moment. Gonzalez just isnt there yet, and Garcia has been just shite!

I think people have forgotten just how good he can be!
Russ

25th Jan 07 at 21:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

if kewell could have just 1 game for liverpool and play like he did for leeds, he would inspire himself on so much. he set up the classiest goal leeds have ever scored (step over hit the ball with his "wrong" foot and chipped it to the back post and vid's headered it in, was so cheeky but perfectly executed, mazin
Cosmo

25th Jan 07 at 21:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

he has def shown glimpses of that form for us as I said above (when he first joined, and basically when he last played a few games together!). He just needs to stay fit and get a good run in the team.
mattwhite

26th Jan 07 at 09:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I just wish he was the same player he was at Leeds but i think if he can get over the injuries he will become that player again.

Benitez must think it aswell else he would have sold him before now!

Come on Harry, prove to everyone how good a player you can be!
MarkM

26th Jan 07 at 20:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Cosmo
A player shouldnt offer them back, he didnt get injured on purpose and isnt trying not to play (alla Druncan Duncan when he played for Everton). Plus clubs are insured against long term injuries and wages.

Are you telling me if you got a bad injury and put on paid sick leave, even though you were willing to work, you would give your money back?

Its just I feel disappointed at how little he has done since being with us...we all know he has talent...but at times he has looked a little overweight...

I really do hope he comes back and prove me wrong as on his day he is an exciting player to watch...

Tom

30th Jan 07 at 11:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Be nice to see him come back and demonstrate form straight away, I think people will tire of him quickly if not.

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » Kewell targets Barca return 24 database queries in 0.0247970 seconds