corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Centre console lights

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Centre console lights
TomWilly

User status: Offline
1st Feb 07 at 21:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Im sure most of you will have opened this waiting to tell me to search or that it's been asked a 1000 times.

But all I was wondering was if anyone had any pictures of the process of removing the heater panel area because the ones in the tutorial don't work.

Thanks Tom

deano87

1st Feb 07 at 22:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Naaa, it's a repost and there have been a few recent threads.

There are pictures in the Haynes manual, I really recommend buying one. It's hassle enough doing the damn job, let alone taking pictures at the same time

Is your car post-98?
Wrighty_1988

1st Feb 07 at 23:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i sprayed my center console and in the process fucked the switch up so got a new switch which has the led's on it from scrappys, put it all back together which was very very hard, and the led's didnt work to much of a bastard for me to take it apart, so its dark in my car at nite
deano87

2nd Feb 07 at 06:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

My car is now light after 5 months
TomWilly

2nd Feb 07 at 08:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

No its a 96,

i should get a haynes really but just wondered if there were any pics because i have taken it apart so it looks a bit messy, all i need to do is find the bulbs and replace them.
deano87

2nd Feb 07 at 12:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Just follow the instructions, it isn't too hard.

But a Haynes is worth investing in!
Chris_Sport

2nd Feb 07 at 12:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Quick tutorial.

Using a flat bladed tool, pop the top of the slider off the fresh air or recirculating air slider. Then pop the cover underneath it off to reveal 2 screws. Undo these.

Remove the two air vents from the centre console by pulling down and towards you. (I use a knife to pop them out) In the top corners of the console, there are 2 screws. Remove these. You should now be able to pull the console forward enough for you to see where the bulbs clip into. (you may need to look from the side. There is one above then temp dial and one above the air direction dial. Just pull these gently to remove. If you have fat hands, you may need to remove the air vent surround. This has tabs which clip into the main console. Just unclip this to remove and gently pull apart. (The hazard light front will pop off). Replace bulbs. Refitting is reverse of removal.

To replace the bulb in the rear screen demister, follow above instructions for removing console and then unclip the green plug that goes into the back of the dial. The bulb is in here. Pull to remove bulb and replace.

There is a later style centre console which can't be done this way as the bulbs are between the white inner and black outer plastic. I don't know how to do these type.

To replace all bulbs should take about 40 mins if you take your time and its not a hard job.
flash22

2nd Feb 07 at 13:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

a pic from the max flower corsa book

http://i92.photobucket.com/albums/l37/flash22_2006/centreconsole001.jpg

a scan of the 2nd page

http://i92.photobucket.com/albums/l37/flash22_2006/console22.jpg

i cant seem to find the 2nd pic or the matching first scan

[Edited on 02-02-2007 by flash22]

New Poll