corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Head unit rem

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Head unit rem
FruitBooTeR

User status: Offline
19th Feb 07 at 11:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Setting up system and just wondered how you connect the remote wire from the amp, my head unit already has a remote wire going in from the ignition i belive so do i take that out and put one from the amp into it, cuz i dont want the headunit or amp to be on when not needed.
Its a sony gt400 head unit.
Jules

User status: Offline
19th Feb 07 at 11:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If you have connected the switched +12v from your ignition to the amp then the amp will only be on when the ignition is (which is generally fine)
If you connect the remote +12v from the headunit to the amp then it'll only be on when your headunit it (which, strictly speaking, is the way it should be)

If you are running RCA cables from your headunit to the amp then you can get RCA cables that have a third wire the whole length of the cables for the remote (saves you having to run another wire the length of the car)

Hope that helps, oh and btw, should be in the ICE section

New Poll