corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » police

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author police
Cupra Steve
Banned

User status: Offline
2nd Mar 07 at 00:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

a turbo timer prolongs the life of your turbo, it's not a security measure, do you mean remote engine start? on some of them if the handbrake is released with out the keys in the ignition it cuts the engine out, some cut when you touch the accelerator, some cut out when you touch the brakes!
Cupra Steve
Banned

2nd Mar 07 at 00:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by TOMAS
We all make mistakes Steve and do stupid things, I wont be making that one again.

i get what your talking about now, sorry! I thought you were talking about the spoiler!!!!!

Atleast you learnt i suppose!
Rob E

2nd Mar 07 at 00:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Cupra Steve
a turbo timer prolongs the life of your turbo, it's not a security measure, do you mean remote engine start? on some of them if the handbrake is released with out the keys in the ignition it cuts the engine out, some cut when you touch the accelerator, some cut out when you touch the brakes!

im aware its not a recognised security feature. but yes, there were no keys in the ignition when you released it and it cut out. i didnt know some cut out when you touched the brake or accelerator too
SVM 286

2nd Mar 07 at 00:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by p3boy
how can it be illegal to leave it running on a turbo timer? doesnt the engine cut out anyway if the hand brake is relased?

engine cuts out after the time set on the timer, 2 mins in this case so it lets the turbo cool down.

It's mainly to let it slow down Steve.
Cupra Steve
Banned

2nd Mar 07 at 09:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by p3boy
quote:

im aware its not a recognised security feature. but yes, there were no keys in the ignition when you released it and it cut out. i didnt know some cut out when you touched the brake or accelerator too

purely depends whare you put the sensor!
Marc

2nd Mar 07 at 09:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Never been stopped.

Turbo timers are for idiots. Count to 1 minute before switching your engine off. Job done and saved the price of a timer.
Brett
Premium Member

2nd Mar 07 at 09:38   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah, turbo timers are a waste of time.
scoob
Premium Member

2nd Mar 07 at 09:39   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

the turbo timer was on the car when i never really took the time to look at it and see how it works
Marc

2nd Mar 07 at 10:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by loafofbrett
Yeah, turbo timers are a waste of time.

My mate met me at the cinema in his GT-4 on Monday, left the engine running as he walked off with timer set. Really didn't need to, he'd just driven for half a mile in a 30 since leaving the carriageway!

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » police 23 database queries in 0.0105491 seconds