corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » Kevin Nicholls wants to come back to Luton!

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Kevin Nicholls wants to come back to Luton!
Nath

User status: Offline
4th Mar 07 at 13:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Dennis Wise admits he is 'gob-smacked' after Leeds United captain Kevin Nicholls asked to rejoin Luton Town.

The midfielder left Kenilworth Road in a £750,000 deal last summer and has made 15 appearances for Leeds in a campaign interrupted by injury.

But Nicholls has now asked to quit The Whites' battle against relegation to aid his former club's quest for Championship survival.

Leeds boss Wise was stunned to learn of the player's request and left his skipper out of Saturday's 3-2 home defeat to Sheffield Wednesday.

"Kevin came into see me on Thursday, but I had a phone call from Mike Newell on Wednesday asking me if I was interested in letting Kevin go," said Wise.

"I wasn't interested at all. I then spoke to Kevin and he told me that he'd like to go to Luton and I was a bit gob-smacked.

"I told him he needed to think about what he was saying to me, but he'd made his mind up and felt he'd made the wrong decision in coming to Leeds.

"I'm gob-smacked that he wants to go to Luton, more or less straightaway. They're a team fighting us for relegation.

"I'm very disappointed in him. I asked whether it was me and Gus that was the problem, he said `no' and just felt that after a little while being here that he'd made a mistake.

"I'm very disappointed at the way I've found out. It takes Mike Newell to ring me up to ask me if I was interested in doing something.

"Nicholls said he'd like to leave with 11 games to go. He was the captain of this football club and you expect him to dig in like the rest and get us out of this mess and not jack it in.

"This really, really disappoints me and this is just some of the things you have to put up with."

From skysports.co.uk

We definately need him back as Newell has a phobia of signing decent midfielders.
Marc

4th Mar 07 at 13:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

So has he gone back on loan then?
Nath

4th Mar 07 at 13:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Nothing has happened yet, we have Leeds next though so doubt anything will happen for a week or two. If it ever does...
shawboy

4th Mar 07 at 13:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

will happen in summer when leeds are in league 1 and need the cash.
heard about this morning while watching the championship.
Nath

4th Mar 07 at 13:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'm hoping for a loan til the end of the season, followed by a cut price deal in the summer.
vaux-tech

4th Mar 07 at 15:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

apparently hes interested in coming to us, although dont think he will fit in.
Nath

4th Mar 07 at 15:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I've not heard that one.
vaux-tech

4th Mar 07 at 16:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

internet rumour
Nath

4th Mar 07 at 17:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Can't see it myself. He wants to come back as he lived in Milton Keynes and his kids and wife were settled here.
Jules

4th Mar 07 at 20:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Rats

Sinking ships
vaux-tech

4th Mar 07 at 21:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

to quote eddie lewis, david healy and richard cresswell before they took the money and went to leeds 'i want to go to a bigger club and play in the premiership' how wrong u were boys, how wrong u were.
Nath

4th Mar 07 at 21:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » Kevin Nicholls wants to come back to Luton! 24 database queries in 0.0129349 seconds