corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » Liverpool's Loan

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Liverpool's Loan
RyanSxi

User status: Offline
14th Mar 07 at 11:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

No not a player...

"Americans Thomas Hicks and George Gillett Jr have borrowed nearly £300m from the Bank of Scotland in order to fund their takeover of Liverpool. (The Guardian)"

Robbo

14th Mar 07 at 11:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

No worse than Man Utd and not all that much more than we have :S
Cosmo

14th Mar 07 at 12:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I wondered who would post it first. I actually expected Nath, or especially Marc when I saw him on

Ive known about the loans for ages, it was all detailed out in 'The Offer' booklet we got before selling the shares.

They have taken out 2 loans from RBS, one for £185m to fund the buying of the shares and the costs associated with it. And the rest (to make a total of £298m) if for paying off current debt, working capital and to begin work on new stadium/revise those plans.

The loans are not directly to Liverpool, they are to a company Hicks and Gillet set up called Kop Investments Ltd (think thats the right one) and then this company loans the money to Kop Ltd and thats who has bought Liverpool.

This is for a few reasons, the main one being is that the loans are NOT secured against the clubs assets like the funding Glazer used to buy Utd. So if things went wrong it would be Hicks and Gillet personally who are in trouble and not Liverpool as a club.

The other reason is for tax, but thats not really anything new in the business world. Neither is funding company purchase via loans as it provides a certain sense of security for the owners and also means their cash isnt tied up.

The main thing is that the loans ARE NOT secured against the club at all like Utd and the club is in ZERO debt.
Robbo

14th Mar 07 at 12:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Sound slike a very good way of doing things, I think you did a good job sacking off the Dubai guys
RyanSxi

14th Mar 07 at 12:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

cosmo i only noticed it so stuck it up. thought i'd get a long reply from your kind self
Cosmo

14th Mar 07 at 12:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Robbo
Sound slike a very good way of doing things, I think you did a good job sacking off the Dubai guys

yeah, although it depends what you read about the Dubai people as some say they were funding it like Utd were and other say they were using their investment money so no loans.

Either way these two guys seem excellent so far. Have taken debt on themselves so shows they have trust in what they expect the club to become.
Cosmo

14th Mar 07 at 12:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by RyanSxi
cosmo i only noticed it so stuck it up. thought i'd get a long reply from your kind self

no way to write it in a short reply
Marc

14th Mar 07 at 12:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Debt Debt Debt
Cosmo

14th Mar 07 at 12:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Marc
Debt Debt Debt

we have none none none

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » Liverpool's Loan 24 database queries in 0.0136671 seconds